Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share an unboxing of the Crystal Blackberry Z10 reward. Here's what it looks like! I posted in the general forums for anyone thinking of becoming a Blackberry developer so you see all the cool Blackberry love going to developers these days! You wouldn't know about this unless you poke your nose into the developer forums here, which most people won't.

I encourage all of you to think about learning some basics and getting into app development. That's how I started and it has been a wonderful journey over the past year. Blackberry made it the awesome journey that it has been. I don't think the other platforms would have been the same to work along side. And if you want to learn, poke your heads into the Developers forums here on Crackberry and learn from so many helpful people. Whatever your level of skill, there are ways to begin easy or go into hard-core coding.
    G-bone likes this.
    03-02-13 12:09 PM
    FedEx will drop mine off on Monday. Looks great!
    Sqoon likes this.
    03-02-13 12:19 PM
    Will the real Z10 fit in that stand?
    03-02-13 12:23 PM
    Sorry to spoil the surprise! :-) It is still awesome... wait until you feel that in your hands. It is the thought that matters... these little appreciations mean a lot and Blackberry has been wonderful to devs.

Regarding the real Z10 fitting in the stand.... I don't know, I sent back the Dev Alpha a while back and waiting for the LE so I haven't tried. The stand is a nice slab of marble and heavy, so it will hold it up. But I don't know whether the shape is the same size and whether it would scratch up your phone.

Maybe I'll go out with it in my hand and make some "calls" and my friend's reactions. :-)
    03-02-13 12:23 PM
    Congrats! I would be proud to display that anywhere!
    03-02-13 12:24 PM
    Would be a billion times cooler if it was a real Z10.
    03-02-13 12:29 PM
    Sorry to spoil the surprise! :-) It is still awesome... wait until you feel that in your hands. It is the thought that matters... these little appreciations mean a lot and Blackberry has been wonderful to devs.

Regarding the real Z10 fitting in the stand.... I don't know, I sent back the Dev Alpha a while back and waiting for the LE so I haven't tried. The stand is a nice slab of marble and heavy, so it will hold it up. But I don't know whether the shape is the same size and whether it would scratch up your phone.

Maybe I'll go out with it in my hand and make some "calls" and my friend's reactions. :-)
    Is this what you were shipped this or did you pick it up at a event?
    03-02-13 12:42 PM
    how's the battery life?
    Deppe and jesse_h like this.
    03-02-13 12:58 PM
    BlackBerry gives a similar crystal BlackBerry to employees after 5 years. These days most employees will never see the five-year anniversary. Where is the blinking LED? LOL
    03-02-13 12:58 PM
    how's the battery life?
    I heard battery life is infinite.
    03-02-13 12:59 PM
    Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share an unboxing of the Crystal Blackberry Z10 reward. Here's what it looks like! I posted in the general forums for anyone thinking of becoming a Blackberry developer so you see all the cool Blackberry love going to developers these days! You wouldn't know about this unless you poke your nose into the developer forums here, which most people won't.

I encourage all of you to think about learning some basics and getting into app development. That's how I started and it has been a wonderful journey over the past year. Blackberry made it the awesome journey that it has been. I don't think the other platforms would have been the same to work along side. And if you want to learn, poke your heads into the Developers forums here on Crackberry and learn from so many helpful people. Whatever your level of skill, there are ways to begin easy or go into hard-core coding.
    What apps have you developed just so we can be on the look-out for them in BlackBerry World?
    03-02-13 01:00 PM
    Congrats to the Devs ....who earned this reward !

Too bad though that BB did not integrate a Led in the base liting up the crys' ....
    03-02-13 01:06 PM
    In reply to Saiga: This arrived at my door yesterday. Shipped. Some developers received an email recently about the Crystal Blackberry, and also the Dev Alpha C.

In reply to Cracklen: Nice IDEA!!!! I think the base could be modded with an LED and a small battery. Even without driling a hole in it, a thin "strip" like LED can just sit in the bottom of the slot with the flat LED's pointing up, that should do it! I'll get working on it. I like BLUE for some reason. That would look cool!

In reply to kill_9: The apps I developed for both Blackberry 10 and Playbook (I am in process of porting them to both) are listed here:

Talking Alarm Text Clock
    Project Gutenberg Aesop's Fables
    Quantum Colliders Demo
    Vibrating Massager
    Smoking Calculator
    Raspberry Pi
    Doctor Braun

Nothing earth-shattering.... Just me working alone doing a mix of mostly Webworks apps, a Native Marmalade SDK app and some Blackberry Generator apps. I am mostly still learning and trying to improve, and working my way to better stuff. I give a humble bow and my hat off to all of the professional developers and coders who are creating amazing apps, who I look up to and eager to learn more from.
    Last edited by edyb; 03-02-13 at 01:51 PM.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    03-02-13 01:39 PM
    Just to make clear, to me it is more like a Reward not an Award (although technically it is called the Crystal Blackberry Award). I don't think my apps are good enough to win anything. Instead, I feel like it is a reward for showing up at the party early, working on apps for a zero userbase when the chips where down, and taking a leap faith together! It also shows Blackberry's appreciation to all the devs who took the jump with them and encourages us to keep on going.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    Last edited by edyb; 03-04-13 at 07:02 AM.
    03-04-13 06:38 AM