Okay guys somebody has to help me cause I'm going NUTS. I have a curve and when I'm on the phone speaking it does this insane high pitch ring, its like the feedback from a mic, or when people on the radio leave their radio on. Its unbelievably loud I can't carry the conversation. Now I thought at first it was interference from my tv. nope I unplugged still had the same problem, then I thought it was my wifi, nope still same problem. To add even more mystery, it does not happen all the time, but most of the time and I've tested it and I there is never a difference, tv on, tv off, wifi, other person near me with phone, far away with phone. NADA. Now I changed the curve and got a new one because of this problem and guess what? SAME THING. So before you think its something in my house, its happened also on the street with my old one. I don't get it, I dont want to get a new one and have the same problem. Also this is the 3rd one I've had, first was lost, then I got the new one and then I just changed it. the first one gave me no problem. Sorry for the long post but what's going on with my precious curve??
    UPDATE} so for now i have not heard any beeping in bout two days, i took out all the software and wiped my phone i did not do back up on it I used my address book from my mac and i manually put back all the pins and memos etc. and nada so far..but thanks again for everyone that helped and lets hope my bb stays safe!
    Last edited by LeeLu; 12-11-08 at 01:46 AM.
    12-07-08 08:57 PM
    Ok. So you've had three curves with this same issue? What network are you on?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-08 09:09 PM
    hey yea I'm on Att and no the first one worked fine
    12-07-08 09:15 PM
    Hmm. You may have no option but to replace your device. With vzw, if you have to replace your device 3+ times within a 90 day period, they will upgrade you to a different device. I'm not sure if att has this same policy, but I would look into it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-08 09:18 PM
    Sounds like phones just don't like you. That is kind of odd. Maybe this is an obvious question, but you don't use a hearing aide do you? Hearing aides and cell phones can cause that kind of feedback.
    12-07-08 10:55 PM
    This happened on my pearl. I was on my third pearl and only had it for a little over a week. I came home from work set the phone down, picked it up 2 hours later and it wouldn't stop making that high pitched sound. I left and went on a cruise that night and it didn't work anywhere along the boat route, just kept making that squeal. Called CS rep at Verizon that night when I got home and they sent me out another unit.
    12-07-08 11:03 PM
    thanks guys for your help
    12-11-08 01:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";