I dont know wat is WRONG!

BlackBerry 9700 with WIND mobile

I cant play Videos from Youtube with my Wifi, and i dont have a 3G plan!

gives me a Media error! but i can play videos from Vuclip.com

any advice?
    05-27-10 01:38 AM
    Two things... first, you are using your Blackberry Browser, and going to m.youtube.com... correct??? If so, go into Browser > Cache Operations and clear everything. Second... have your attempted this with more than one video... I've have heard there are issues with some video's on youtube... I don't know if it's an issue with how it was recorded or a formatting issue.
    05-27-10 06:17 AM
    Hey, still not working, and if i change the browser to either Firefox or Internet Explorer, it asks me to update my flash player :S
    05-27-10 01:06 PM
    The same thing happens to me when I try to watch videos from time to time. I usually just keep trying 'till it works, or screw that video and move on to the next one. Since, like fatboy97 said, not all videos error.. Well, for me at least.
    05-27-10 01:10 PM
    Go into Browser > Menu > Options > Browser Configuration > what is "Browser Identification" set to??? It should be Blackberry. It doesn't sound like it is set to Blackberry.
    05-27-10 02:17 PM
    fatboy97, i tried to do that, n still, none of the video from youtube seem to work! could it be my Blackberry? its been 5 months since i bought it!
    05-27-10 02:39 PM
    Try this YouTube Player. http://software.crackberry.com/productMobile.asp?id=60244&section=

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-27-10 03:28 PM
    fatboy97, i tried to do that, n still, none of the video from youtube seem to work! could it be my Blackberry? its been 5 months since i bought it!
    What do you mean: "i tried to do that"??? It should always be set to Blackberry... was it set to something else prior to changing it??? Did you change it and then exit totally out of your Browser before starting it again??? What did you do???
    05-27-10 04:25 PM
    Wat i ment to say is that, I had it set to Firefox as the Browser, i changed to blackberry, and close the browser, and reopened youtube, and still getting an error "An error has occured attempting to play media"
    05-27-10 05:59 PM
    Try this YouTube Player. Superstore

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Tried it...same problem..no Video playing
    05-27-10 06:42 PM
    Not sure what else to say... except leave your settings to know you are using a Blackberry, and not a Firefox browser... then do either a Battery Pull, or a soft reset (Alt + Right Shift + Del) and wait for your device to boot up... then double check that your browser is set to Blackberry and try it again.
    05-27-10 06:45 PM
    do i need to send back my blackberry? :S
    05-30-10 06:06 PM
    do i need to send back my blackberry? :S
    Doubt it... use DM to backup everything... then perform a Wipe using the Options > Security Options > Security Wipe. This will reset your device back to factory settings, including wiping all your personal data, but especially your personal settings... then after you reboot your device again, give it a try... if thing still don't work you can restore everything... my guess is it will work and then you might have to selectively restore your backup (Address Book, Calendar, etc), but not some web or browser settings.

I seriously doubt there is a problem with your device.
    05-30-10 06:19 PM
    i will try that, and Ur company can also block m.Youtube? right? because i think my Company Might have blocked it, Im with WIND! so, does this mean, if i sell the phone, Youtube wont work for the next person either?

And if my company blocked it?, can i debrand and get full control of my phone?
    Last edited by akakiller07; 06-06-10 at 10:57 AM.
    06-06-10 10:43 AM
    i haven't tried this yet, but i recall reading someone on the forums here that Dlink routers can cause this issue...something within the firewall. i have a dlink router at home and the youtube videos give me errors...and according to some others who have also had dlink routers and gotten this error, they've worked by switching to linksys.

something to check out.
    06-07-10 01:59 PM
    khufu! I LOVE YOU BRO! (no homo)...i have bell internet which has wifi built in, but insead, i was using a dlink router, now i tired the Bell modem as the wireless, and IT WORKSSS!!!!!
    06-07-10 05:43 PM
    Mine work fine...linksys G router though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-10 11:37 PM
    Thanks to share this information!
    06-08-10 12:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD