Hello,

So I just bought my very first Blackberry yesterday and I'm having this issue.. I can't use my Wifi to browse the internet!

Everytime I enter a URL I get this message saying "Unable to connect to the internet, please try again. If the problem persists please contact your service provider".

This will only go away when I have Data services set to ON from Mobile network Options.

My main question is : Can I connect normally to my Wifi network just like I'm using this computer right now ?

Another Question : If i have my browser set to Hotspot Browser while using Wifi and Having Data services turned on, Will I be charged ?
    07-08-09 05:46 PM
    Data service does have to be turned on, that is normal.

Your 8900 supports access to your carrier data plan using UMA. If the indicator is on your screen, voice and data are using the Wifi connection.

Can I connect normally to my Wifi network just like I'm using this computer right now ?
    No. When you connect to a Wifi network, you have access to network resources including shares, printers and the Internet. Your BlackBerry only uses the Internet component.

If i have my browser set to Hotspot Browser while using Wifi and Having Data services turned on, Will I be charged ?
    No. The Hotspot Browser uses your internet connection only.

However, only the Hotspot Browser can use the connection. Email, Messenger and most third party software can not, unless you have UMA.
    07-10-09 05:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD