It's not out of date. Flash is an option. Most sites still use flash over html5. They prefer it.

Posted via CB10
    Uh... actually...no.

To quote another Occupy Flash - The movement to rid the world of the Flash Player plugin:
    Flash Player is dead. Its time has passed. It's buggy. It crashes a lot. It requires constant security updates. It doesn't work on most mobile devices. It's a fossil, left over from the era of closed standards and unilateral corporate control of web technology. Websites that rely on Flash present a completely inconsistent (and often unusable) experience for fast-growing percentage of the users who don't use a desktop browser. It introduces some scary security and privacy issues by way of Flash cookies.

Flash makes the web less accessible. At this point, it's holding back the web.
    And then there's:
    RIP Flash: Why HTML5 will finally take over video and the Web this year
    RIP Flash: Why HTML5 Will Finally Take Over Video and Web in 2014

CNET SAYS:
    By using HTML5 by default to deliver YouTube video, Google helps the Web root out Adobe's Flash.
    YouTube's video pick spells doom for Adobe Flash - CNET
    03-04-15 07:58 PM
    For the adventurous sorts, fresh off the press. And sadly, yes, sideloading will be required:

http://www.filearchivehaven.com/data/YeahSo

That will get you back on flash! Cheers.

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    03-06-15 09:29 PM
    Yeah, On bbry, Flash has always been sandboxed. Moreover, they had been building and updating the code themselves while paying a licensing and extended support fees to Adobe - it was a zero risk item for BlackBerry IMO. Not saying it didn't need to go but...

If someone wants to target BB10, they can just release a free Cascades or Android app for BBRY and just fill it with data mining and remote execution scripts. It wouldn't be the first BB10 app to do so - but the last one I found was being endorsed by BBRY themselves so... what can you do.

I am so glad you have mentioned this.
    Not yet knowing a thing about coding and so forth; I was so glad to come across apps like the "Security AntiVirus, as I became dubious about certain apps and their devs.
    App not working as my request expectation (absolute innate function), at worst inactive. Then not being able to contact the owner. At least some of our devs left traces to follow if you were genuine in your search for help, the dev was there to help stop your ship from sinking 'so to speak'.

Then you have those who don't answer back at all and attempting to contact them, ends you up in a black hole, or it's just like crashing into a wall.
    I know some of our devs have other things in their lives to get on with, but weeks and months with no care for their own creations, makes me very dubious.
    Particulary when you have to part with some of your personal info.
    03-07-15 01:07 AM
    I know some of our devs have other things in their lives to get on with, but weeks and months with no care for their own creations, makes me very dubious.
    Particulary when you have to part with some of your personal info.
    So true, I've been super fortunate. I've met probably 300 or so developers from CB that I wouldn't know otherwise. And it helps me know who I can trust, and to see all the developers that really do care . And they work really well together to keep making things great.

http://www.filearchivehaven.com/2015...kberry-10-3-1/

I also did up an article with better steps on how I was able to get Flash working on 10.3.1. But it's still a very "beta" solution. But if your tech savvy it's doable!

jtv1 likes this.
    03-07-15 01:29 AM
104 ... 345