Hi,

I purchased a curve 8320 from t mobile in dec last week, 2007. I also took the $19.99 unlimited data plan. I did not take the hot spot at home feature but i was able to use the UMA services until last week. Since last week, i am not able to see the UMA on my curve. I have spoken to the T mobile cust service & they have tried everything from selective restore to everything & finaly decided that they will send me a replacement phone. I am not sure if that replacement phone will be a bew one or a 6 months old one, so i do not want to send the current phone back. I have tried so many things, including the new .184 OS instalation, wiping out the handheld & what not..
    i also tried to use UMA at a location which is a public T Mobile hot spot..
    i did not try it at Starbucks, but i did try it at buffalow wings, which is supposed to have the T mobile hot spot.
    there also i get the dark WI FI cloud on my screen but no UMA..
    i have checked that i have the proper root & trust certificate installed. it does not ask me to import them, simply gives the option to view them. so i think i am alright there...
    when i do the WI FI diagnostic, i get the error code that i was getting was w005.0 or j013.1
    (network busy or/ isp or t mobile network error).
    my network is set up to wi fi preferred. i have tried these but to no avail

can someone help..
    TIA
    Ritz
    02-19-08 09:25 PM
    After literally several hours dealing with connectivity issues on the phone with tech support, it was discovered that there was no "9-1-1" address associated with my account, and if that is the case, UMA won't work. So, call customer service and make sure there is a physical address for your service. That might be the ticket...
    02-21-08 11:19 PM
    You can fill in your 911 address info by logging into your TMobile.com account online.
    02-22-08 12:01 AM
    After literally several hours dealing with connectivity issues on the phone with tech support, it was discovered that there was no "9-1-1" address associated with my account, and if that is the case, UMA won't work. So, call customer service and make sure there is a physical address for your service. That might be the ticket...
    Wow.

Sounds like you went through a lot of frustration for something that is so elementary.

I was asked by a CSR for my 911 address. I use a mailing address for billing purposes which is in a different city than my normal physical address so that might have caught the TMo's reps eye.

Glad you got this resolved. We all should remember this when others ask for help with similar problems.
    02-24-08 03:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD