I have a Telcel (Mexican carrier) 9700 I bought on Ebay running a T-Mobile SIM and all is well AFTER I got UMA working by following these instructions:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/ju...9/#post5122345 Scroll down to the 15th post or so....

Problem is that getting into the Engineering Screen takes MANY tries entering the key that's generated, it will work after reboots, battery pulls, etc. (not sure why?) but it's a real PITA!

If I update the OS, all the information entered in the engineering screen is lost. I suspect this is because the Telcel phone doesn't have the correct firmware?

Is there a way to make the information stick? I doubt it, so is there an easier way to enter the Engineering Screen? Last, when I update to 5.0.0.680 the number in parentheses becomes 4 digits and that apparently results in generating a bad code because I absolutely cannot enter the Engineering Screen after the upgrade so, again, any other way to get to the Engineering Screen?

Other than trading my 9700 for a T-Mobile 9700 is there any solution? I know better than to ask about rebranding the phone...
    Last edited by xs11e; 06-04-10 at 03:37 PM.
    06-04-10 03:34 PM
    No help? Anybody?
    06-05-10 01:57 PM
    Now I'm even more confused, I updated again to 5.0.0.680 and entered the engineering screen on the first try! I've spent two days trying to get there with 680 before, what's going on????
    06-08-10 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD