I'm sitting in the ER right now waiting for my wife to return from CAT scans, she totaled her car. If not for my 9700 running on UMA over hospital wifi, I wouldn't have been able to call her son and others who need to know. So far it looks like a gash over her eye and broken wrist. Praying nothing else, she's alert and talking.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-11 08:46 AM
    Hope she is not hurt too bad! Sorry to hear about the accident.

11-01-11 08:54 AM
    Hope she is not hurt too bad! Sorry to hear about the accident.

broken left wrist, broke a small bone on right hand, 4 stiches over left eye, but alive! thank you blackberry and tmobile for uma. you made a tough time a little more bearable.
    11-01-11 06:16 PM
    broken left wrist, broke a small bone on right hand, 4 stiches over left eye, but alive! thank you blackberry and tmobile for uma. you made a tough time a little more bearable.
    Agreed, UMA is an unbelievable and, sadly, mostly-undeployed technology. I used UMA recently while on a commercial flight.

11-02-11 12:01 AM
    I pray your wife has a speedy recovery mate. I'm glad to hear it's not as bad as it could have been. This area is one way technology has made our lives a little more bearable and allows us to keep in touch with those we care about during stressful times.
    11-02-11 12:38 AM
    I work in a hospital and the area has a huge dead zone in the ER. It always amazes my coworkers when I place calls using UMA. Gives me a moment to sing the praises of BlackBerry

Anyways, OP, I hope your wife is doing better now. I'm sure she'll appreciate you keeping everyone in the loop.
    11-02-11 10:20 PM
    Good luck on recovery! Glad to hear that Blackberrys help out a lot in life........

11-02-11 11:33 PM
    Good to hear it wasn't too serious.
    Times like this tend to really put things in perspective.
    11-03-11 01:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD