BGR.com reports this loyalty figure. So now I know I am not alone for sticking with Blackberry and ordering a 9900. Question is, why is the UK so loyal?
    10-04-11 04:57 PM
    Why is the UK so loyal? Maybe they're a more practical people in general.

When it comes to PIM functions and messaging no one can compete with BB. It's the primary reason why my wife dumped her beloved 6-month-old Android for an antique BB 8530.

It's why I'm loyal to BB -- Everything else on the market is a massive downgrade in terms of the features that are important to me.
    10-04-11 06:10 PM
    The curve series seem to be good sellers here with most providers offering them on very cheap tariffs, for many I suppose it's an excellent quality affordable smartphone. Add to that those using BB for business, then the BB loyalists and also the fanboys (*holds hand up*) and you can see where the figure comes from. A couple of personal examples - Out of my close circle of friends only a couple don't have a BB and almost every time I'm in town someone will go past and I'll hear a familiar BB tone. Last time I was on a train I sat opposite a man and woman both in suits, from seperate companies, both tapping away on Bolds! I think there's quite a lot of love for BlackBerry here!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by GreenBerry84; 10-04-11 at 07:02 PM.
    Blackberry_Boy likes this.
    10-04-11 06:59 PM
  4. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    More business focus perhaps and preference for a nice keyboard-centric smartphone, Best in Class emailing, bbm

.. not so much into the "game and fun" apps like some other countries

... more practical i think .... BB offers great value in a world class Brand ... just my opinion ...
    10-05-11 12:20 AM
    How common is unlimited data in the UK? I'm guessing that had something to do with it.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    10-05-11 12:39 AM
    people in the UK are better educated with productive needs. Those who play with itoys do nothing but collect food stamps. The US has 49 million on food stamps? hmm is there a connection?
    unfortunately, i think they are more into rumor mongering and gossiping...which can be easily spread through BBMs..

just take a quick look at their tabloids to see how disgusting the news are....
    10-05-11 12:56 AM
    Believe it or not, Blackberry is cool in UK. Iphone had its time, nobody is impressed by one anymore.
    And they throw parties like this:

And they paid for their facebook fans to get there, paid for flights/hotel for me and my wife. Would Apple ever do that?
    All because I go on their facebook page and help people sometimes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 10-05-11 at 01:26 AM.
    10-05-11 01:05 AM
  8. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Blackberry is very cool! ... particularly within the business, professional, and influential segments ...
    10-05-11 03:33 AM
    BlackBerry is Cool here in UK, we havent been effected as much with all the "BB Hate" that seems to be going on across the pond at moment.

Lots of business people i deal with are now using BB because the e-mail is so fantastic but i think its the teenagers that have made a mark, they are very much into BBM.

One thing i have found though (where i am at least) is there seems to be a lack of accessories stocked by shops, they always have tons of apple stuff but just a couple of BB things. i always have to buy cases, screen protectors, chargers etc online....We need a CrackBerry Store here in UK !!
    GreenBerry84 likes this.
    10-05-11 04:17 AM
    One thing i have found though (where i am at least) is there seems to be a lack of accessories stocked by shops, they always have tons of apple stuff but just a couple of BB things. i always have to buy cases, screen protectors, chargers etc online....We need a CrackBerry Store here in UK !!
    +1!
    Definitely! However I noticed ASDA is starting to sell BB accessories now, they had the official 9780 pouch (because it fits 9300 which they sell), I wasn't able to get it anywhere in town though.
    10-05-11 05:22 AM
    I really can't understand the whole "hate" thing. Yes, RIM is late launching its products, but for BB7 they delayed so they could have faster processors and if they had slower ones there would have been even more uproar.

I don't have to have the latest thing, I just want the most useful, and my Blackberry 9000 has always been that which is why I ordered a 9900 a few days ago.

I think RIM needs to make clear in its advertising the benefits of the whole infrastructure behind a BB handset rather than just the device itself - it's a key advantage for them.
    10-05-11 05:30 AM
    also what helps in the UK is the prevalence of blackberries on pay as you go (pre paid) this makes it easy for young people and people who can't get a contract phone to join the blackberry masses especially as the 8520 is just over �100
    10-05-11 05:44 AM
  13. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Blackberry Rules!!
    10-05-11 03:33 PM
    That is very impressive. On this side of the pond, BlackBerry is practically unknown. Could use some influence from the UK!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    10-05-11 05:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD