I cant use my current network ee as they dont supply the z30, which other network can I use !!

I need about 20gb as I dont have home broadband, and would prefer 4g

Posted via CB10
    Craigash likes this.
    04-16-14 06:26 AM
    As the Z30 is exclusive to Vodafone here, it's impossible to get it with a plan from anyone else - I'm sure you've already looked. The thing I always do is buy the phone SIM free for as cheap as I can find, and use my contract (a SIM only plan) with it. The phone is on Amazon now for a reasonable price:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blackberry-Z...UvbUpU10248976

If you get coverage in your area on Three, consider moving from EE - I get unlimited data with tethering too, but you need their One Plan to get it. All their plans offer unlimited data, but it's restricted to on device use only. When I was using my Z10, the 4G Three offer here is respectable, and tethered with no issues.
    neilwhite likes this.
    04-16-14 06:56 AM
    You probably won't need to leave EE, despite the Z30 not officially being on that network.

I had the same problem with the 1520 only being on O2 & Vodafone... And i wanted it on EE.

Go here, and they'll hook you up with any phone on any network...

Www.omio.com/phones/blackberry/z30/deals

JBB
    04-16-14 08:16 AM
    Thanks for that jeepbb.

Ive checkout the site, its about �10quid a month more expensive than ee but you get a free gift with it

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 08:33 AM
    LOL... I know, i got a free 32" HD TV in my 1520 deal. The TV was Well worth the �25 the phone cost (phone was free without TV).

JBB
    04-16-14 08:42 AM
    Erm, I'm sure in most situations it's much cheaper in the long term to just buy a phone outright?

BlackBerry Q10 (�49) + Three UK "One Plan" 24 x �41 = Total ownership cost at 2 years �1033
    BlackBerry Q10 (Amazon �232.99) + Three UK Sim Only "One Plan" 24 x �20 = Total ownership cost at 2 years = �712.19

They don't sell the Z30, but it's the same on most phones and operators. Just a thought? :-)
    04-16-14 09:00 AM
    Erm.. Carphone Warehouse?

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    04-16-14 01:14 PM
    I cant use my current network ee as they dont supply the z30, which other network can I use !!

I need about 20gb as I dont have home broadband, and would prefer 4g

Posted via CB10
    Hi Mark,

You can use EE. I have gotten my Z10 & now Z30 direct from BlackBerry unlocked. All I did was put my micro sim in and off I went. EE provide the Network Signal. That's it. Hand held support will come from whoever you purchase the device from.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 02:35 PM
    2posts up carphone warehouse.z30 on all major networks with the added bonus your phone is unlocked and unbranded. The only place I get my phones.

Steve/Boanerges Performance
    04-16-14 03:17 PM
    Hi Mark,

You can use EE. I have gotten my Z10 & now Z30 direct from BlackBerry unlocked. All I did was put my micro sim in and off I went. EE provide the Network Signal. That's it. Hand held support will come from whoever you purchase the device from.

Posted via CB10
    I bought my Z30 from carphone warehouse sim free (unlocked). T-Mobile, EE sim only plan costs me around �14.
    04-16-14 04:47 PM
    I bought my Z30 from carphone warehouse sim free (unlocked). T-Mobile, EE sim only plan costs me around �14.
    The last phone I bought from Orange (EE) was the Bold 9790 PAYG. Got Z10 & Z30 from BlackBerry and just put my SIM in. As I'm on PAYG I top up �10 and get my Dolphin rewards, Internet, text etc etc and I keep the �10 credit which you can buy Apps with. Unless it's a video or music.

Whatever network sim and plan you get will work in an unlocked device.

Posted via CB10
    daveycrocket likes this.
    04-16-14 05:15 PM
    Cant buy it sim free as need about 20gb of data.... and that costs �42.99 per month so stuck on a tarrif as there no cheap sim only deals.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 08:36 AM
    Go get a Z30 in A grade condition from CEX, unlocked.

Get a 3 sim only plan which offers unltd data and tethering

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 08:45 AM
    Yes but that's only 3g.. ive stayed away from 3 as I have struggled to get above 1mb download, yes I know they will be better now as this is a few years ago, but when I ask them in the shops they still say 1mb...

I tend to get around 5-7mb download with t mobile which allows me to stream movies and play games, so I really need to stick to ee.

42.99 unlimited txt, calls and 20gb double speed 4g downloads, free roaming in europe and free 0800 calls

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 08:52 AM
    Yes but that's only 3g.. ive stayed away from 3 as I have struggled to get above 1mb download, yes I know they will be better now as this is a few years ago, but when I ask them in the shops they still say 1mb...

I tend to get around 5-7mb download with t mobile which allows me to stream movies and play games, so I really need to stick to ee.

42.99 unlimited txt, calls and 20gb double speed 4g downloads, free roaming in europe and free 0800 calls

Posted via CB10
    Why don't you use broadband, if you don't mind me asking?

Also, 3 has 4G... My mom has a 5S and she has 4G. Last night her download (indoors with 3 bars of signal) was 20+ mbps :|

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 08:55 AM
    Cant buy it sim free as need about 20gb of data.... and that costs �42.99 per month so stuck on a tarrif as there no cheap sim only deals.

Posted via CB10
    get a SIM only plan from Three (3)
    they are building 4G network, already available in some places... and no additional charge for 4G (unlike EE or any other, who charge additional premium). Unlimited data!

if you have bad coverage at home (my case) you can get Three Home Signal box.
    04-17-14 09:08 AM
    At best I get 2mb from broadband

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 10:18 AM
    get a SIM only plan from Three (3)
    they are building 4G network, already available in some places... and no additional charge for 4G (unlike EE or any other, who charge additional premium). Unlimited data!

if you have bad coverage at home (my case) you can get Three Home Signal box.
    Yes I know as there in a partnership share with ee. But with new contracts on 3 your can only tether upto 2gb, where as there are no restrictions on ee

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 10:20 AM
    Where is information about 2gigs?!

I see all-you-can-eat plan.

And 4g at no extra cost

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 04:13 AM
    Just checked in the shops.

They dont do the one plan any longer. You can only tether upto 2gb now.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 05:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah they do - you still get unlimited tethering on the sim only one plan.
    04-18-14 05:45 AM
    Apparently you can only tether up to 2 gb but you can download all you can eat. As long as they don't find out. If they do, tell them you were downloading Windows ISO's

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 01:23 PM
    On the plans where Three give you the calls to 08 numbers for free, the unlimited data is restricted to handsets only. Tethering is allowed up to 2GB, or you can purchase a separate tethering add-on with them plans that allow you to go further than 2GB - I couldn't find anything in their T's and C's about how much it gives you, so I assume it's within allowance usage with the add-on. So, if you have unlimited data + tethering add on, you still have unlimited data like the One Plan, although it costs a little more than it used to.

Yes, from what I can see, the One Plan I'm still on looks to have been discontinued. That offers truly unlimited data regardless and for just �15 monthly, unless it's hiding deep down on their site somewhere still?
    04-18-14 06:12 PM
    On the plans where Three give you the calls to 08 numbers for free, the unlimited data is restricted to handsets only. Tethering is allowed up to 2GB, or you can purchase a separate tethering add-on with them plans that allow you to go further than 2GB - I couldn't find anything in their T's and C's about how much it gives you, so I assume it's within allowance usage with the add-on. So, if you have unlimited data + tethering add on, you still have unlimited data like the One Plan, although it costs a little more than it used to.

Yes, from what I can see, the One Plan I'm still on looks to have been discontinued. That offers truly unlimited data regardless and for just �15 monthly, unless it's hiding deep down on their site somewhere still?
    They can't actually tell whether you're tethering they just assume that you won't be torrenting massive files and such with a handset.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 08:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't check in shops, as their not allowed to make big decisions. Call the Networks direct and ask them about what they can offer you.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 01:19 AM
49 12