03-18-08 08:57 AM
- Here is the story......
Got the Sprint letter shortly before the first of the year explaining the new charges. I though COOL!!! I can get out of my contract without paying the etf. So I called Sprint and make a long story short the reason they told me I have/had bad reception in my house/town is because we had the 3rd generation phone and that they have upgraded to a 4th generation stuff. Any ways I was a dumb arse and re-upped with them and also upgraded phones. I got the blackberry pear, wife got the katana delux and the kids centros. Well that costed around $800 total for the upgrade of the phones. Only thing is the reception is still crappy and now I'm stuck for another 2 yrs with this. Even if I could get out I just got done shelling out $800 for new phones.
Man I feel like such a putz. lol
Even though Verizon cost more and somewhat cripple their phones their coverage is so much better where I live. Right about now I'd like to have their service.03-17-08 09:46 PM
- I feel your pain, couple years ago I got taken the exact same way with 2 lines. After a year of dropped calls they told me it was the phones, got 2 new ones for a few hundred, after 6 more months of unbearable, I went to vzw and gladly paid 300 more to be rid of them. I would have never been able to etf more than I did.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com03-17-08 09:55 PM
- Thanks for the quick replies.
Yea it has been longer than 30 days.
I haven't called Sprint about the dropped calls. They are just going to tell me what they did last time. "We opended a trouble ticket and the tech says your area had good Sprint coverage. We can't help it if you don't get recpection or dropped calls while in your house or yard."
Even if we did get out we are still out the $800 we just shelled out for the 4 new phones.03-17-08 10:02 PM
- DuviRetired ModeratorI got the reverse from Sprint... Got three treos for free (2 700p & 1700wx,) unlimited n&w starting at 6 for free, unlimites text for 1 line free, 500 text free for the other two and unlimited data for all three lines.
I still dropped my Sprint line and went to AT&T. Sprint sucks, phone selections sucks and their customer service is the worst.03-18-08 01:08 AM
- That sucks bro... if you were within your 30 days you should have been able to back out of everything and give the phones back... I think you are stuck now. They may be able to offer you different phones to try out and possible discount them but your stuck wit them.03-18-08 01:19 AM
- Yea I know. Live and learn.
What really gets me is sometimes I'll get a evdo connection here at the house and other times when talking on the phone the conversation with cut in and out or even drop. All this and I'm not even moving around. I'll try to hold as still as possible. Probably why I didn't return them right away also cause some days its fine and others (mostly) its horrible.
Yesterday I was driving up through Portland to Hillsboro on 217 and I had full bars yet when I tried mapquest it would error out cause of a connection error. Tried loading the internet and it would take FOREVER!!!!
The other thing too was I didn't know if the 30 days was really available to me since I was already a customer and had renewed my contract. Like I said I probably never would have upgrade/re-upped knowing what I know now. I'm thinking I got stooped on the 4th generation equipment story.03-18-08 08:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD