Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30
Like Tree18Likes
  1. Iamanonymous62's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    143 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default U.S. Launch in New York

    Is there any live blogs or streams covering tonight's events? What about tommorrow?
  2. bbaleno's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    540 Posts
    PIN
    ing for the fjords
    #2  

    Default

    That's what i was wondering
  3. SlcCorrado's Avatar
    BlackBerry

    Posts
    6,417 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,470 Global Posts
    #3  

    Default

    I don't believe so. I think the CB staff would have given us a heads-up if that had been the case
    BB4Life
  4. anthonysira's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    124 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    First crackberry post with my new z10

    Posted via CB10
    ESCON, swishhh, grover5 and 8 others like this.
  5. Jince's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    56 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Was thinking the same thing would love to know how things are going.
  6. FSeverino's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,149 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,151 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anthonysira View Post
    First crackberry post with my new z10

    Posted via CB10
    congrats!!!

    check the thread in my sig for sideloading apps if you want.
    it is a GREAT phone!
    ------------------------>LIST OF WORKING Android Apps for Z10/BB10 ---200 SO FAR!!! <------------------------
  7. SteelGreek's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,162 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,178 Global Posts
    PIN
    334c6a2f
    #7  

    Default

    No- at the Best Buy there wasn't any type of announcement at all. We all got to play with the Z10 and socialize some then those who have AT&T could get their phones. There wasn't much to see although there was some dude who was recording everything possible on his Torch (Kevin tweeted a pic of him in his Z10 shirt). Lots of BB staff there and everyone had a Z10. There was one woman there with the red version... I just hope this event doesn't feed the anti-BlackBerry trolls just because people weren't camped out for a month.

    I got to use the Z10 for the first time and I loved it. I can't wait to get my own next week!
  8. FSeverino's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,149 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,151 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelGreek View Post
    No- at the Best Buy there wasn't any type of announcement at all. We all got to play with the Z10 and socialize some then those who have AT&T could get their phones. There wasn't much to see although there was some dude who was recording everything possible on his Torch (Kevin tweeted a pic of him in his Z10 shirt). Lots of BB staff there and everyone had a Z10. There was one woman there with the red version... I just hope this event doesn't feed the anti-BlackBerry trolls just because people weren't camped out for a month.

    I got to use the Z10 for the first time and I loved it. I can't wait to get my own next week!
    funny thing is... they didnt even confirm release date a month in advance, but the no line ups will be mentioned
    ------------------------>LIST OF WORKING Android Apps for Z10/BB10 ---200 SO FAR!!! <------------------------
  9. SteelGreek's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,162 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,178 Global Posts
    PIN
    334c6a2f
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FSeverino View Post
    funny thing is... they didnt even confirm release date a month in advance, but the no line ups will be mentioned
    I agree and had it not been for CB I would have had no idea that there were release events... nothing seemed to be publicized
  10. nyplaya610's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    446 Posts
    PIN
    330B6526
    #10  

    Default

    I was also at the event, I actually Saw a good amount of red Z10's. There were a good amount of people there but mostly BB staff. They were giving some prizes away, like water bottles and stickers. I got to play with the z10 which is fast and everything we've been seeing and expecting. Other than these BB sites, no one on my FB/twitter has mentioned anything about the new blackberry. Once BB is mentioned, they laugh and bash it not knowing the Z10 or BB10.
  11. SteelGreek's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,162 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,178 Global Posts
    PIN
    334c6a2f
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nyplaya610 View Post
    I was also at the event, I actually Saw a good amount of red Z10's. There were a good amount of people there but mostly BB staff. They were giving some prizes away, like water bottles and stickers. I got to play with the z10 which is fast and everything we've been seeing and expecting. Other than these BB sites, no one on my FB/twitter has mentioned anything about the new blackberry. Once BB is mentioned, they laugh and bash it not knowing the Z10 or BB10.
    Sorry we missed each other bruh. I agree though- you really have to experience it to believe. I know that once my friends use my phone they'll love it.
    Channel PIN: C0004F9BB
    Verizon Z30STA100-3 running 10.3 with SQN100-2 and STL100-4 in reserve... Waiting on my Passport!
  12. greatwiseone's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,792 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    If you listen to Thor on the interviews, they measure how often people recommend their device to other people. The Z10 and BB10 needs people to "evangelize" the device, especially given the way the "brand" is in the US. They need to get the device into people's hands so that people actually experience the device rather than watch/listen to the crappy biased reviews on the web.
  13. Omnitech's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    10,593 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,601 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Would love to know which Software Release/OS version is on those new AT&T Z10's...
  14. Xopher's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,053 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,723 Global Posts
    PIN
    BBM & Kik (ask)
    #14  

    Default

    How many people were at the event to buy the Z10? There seemed to be a lot of people there. Just wondering if it was mostly press and BlackBerry staff, or if there were a lot of people actually buying the phone.

    I think daytime sales is going to be a better meter of how things are doing, at least throughout the country.

    Posted via CB10
    RuneCryption - Unique memory game for PlayBook & BB10, now "Built for BlackBerry".
  15. BB_Trader's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    210 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    CNBC says otherwise ... CNBC / USA launch 3.22.2013 interview
  16. igotberryfever's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    980 Posts
    PIN
    2BD8C13D
    #16  

    Default

    Ludacris showed up
    U.S. Launch in New York-img_00000661.jpg
    U.S. Launch in New York-img_00000655.jpg
    [ATTACH]142955[/AT

    Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails U.S. Launch in New York-img_00000653.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    web99 (03-22-2013) 
    web99 likes this.
  17. igotberryfever's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    980 Posts
    PIN
    2BD8C13D
    #17  

    Default

    TACH]142957[/ATTACH

    Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails U.S. Launch in New York-img_00000626.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    web99 (03-22-2013) 
    web99 likes this.
  18. nyplaya610's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    446 Posts
    PIN
    330B6526
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelGreek View Post
    Sorry we missed each other bruh. I agree though- you really have to experience it to believe. I know that once my friends use my phone they'll love it.
    Its all good. I also would like to add that the phone is really light as well
  19. BB_Trader's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    210 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    217 Broadway New York +1 212-528-3054 AT&T BB store, zero line-ups, voice intro promoting iPhone, what a scam. Bahhhhhhhhhhhhh, Bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, BB. Short is the trade. The dude told me they have sold only two. Samsung and iPhone by far more popular. What a fraud this release is.
  20. katesbb's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    776 Posts
    Global Posts
    857 Global Posts
    #20  

    Default

    FWIW, CNBC just teased now (10am) that their going to be "live at the NYC store" this morning...
  21. Mike1117's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    294 Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Waiting for VZW. Walked by 1 NYC AT&T store just after 10 this morning and didn't see a person in the place other than the employees. Would have gone in to play with the Z10 but was late for work. May try to go there at lunch time for the fun of it.
  22. katesbb's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    776 Posts
    Global Posts
    857 Global Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by katesbb View Post
    FWIW, CNBC just teased now (10am) that their going to be "live at the NYC store" this morning...
    Here ya go on Twitter:

    Squawk on the Street ‏@SquawkStreet
    TWEET US: "The only way I would stay in line for a new Blackberry is if it could ______"
  23. jz1
    jz1 is offline
    jz1's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    22 Posts
    #23  

    Default

    Also waiting for VZW debut next week but will stop at local ATT store check it out
  24. SteelGreek's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,162 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,178 Global Posts
    PIN
    334c6a2f
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trader View Post
    217 Broadway New York +1 212-528-3054 AT&T BB store, zero line-ups, voice intro promoting iPhone, what a scam. Bahhhhhhhhhhhhh, Bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, BB. Short is the trade. The dude told me they have sold only two. Samsung and iPhone by far more popular. What a fraud this release is.
    I just stopped by a big AT&T store on the Upper East. I walked in and there were a lot of staff members hanging out and I said I wanted to see the Z10 and they were genuinely excited to show it to me. The one rep said he just bought his this morning and so did a few others in the store as well. I guess it varies by store but my experience was a good one.
  25. Soeasy's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    103 Posts
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelGreek View Post
    I just stopped by a big AT&T store on the Upper East. I walked in and there were a lot of staff members hanging out and I said I wanted to see the Z10 and they were genuinely excited to show it to me. The one rep said he just bought his this morning and so did a few others in the store as well. I guess it varies by store but my experience was a good one.
    Just walked into the AT&T store on 34th and 7th across from Macy's. 1BB rep in the store. The same guy I met at an event down at Chelsea Markets over the summer. Only a 1 Z10 on display, but other have them if you ask.

    The weirdest part is that the AT&T reps are now using iPads to complete transactions. The same way that the Apple reps use the iPhones and iPads in Apple stores.

    It was my first serious opportunity to try the phone.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. BlackBerry launch event in new york ?
    By Sager-Naji in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-21-2013, 09:46 PM
  2. Best Radio App to listen to WFAN in New York City?
    By thesandman215 in forum BlackBerry OS Apps
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-14-2010, 09:57 AM
  3. Crackberry.com mention in New York times
    By Ballroom Dru in forum News & Rumors
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-03-2009, 11:00 PM
  4. Storm poster in New York City
    By new_ti_boston in forum BlackBerry Storm
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-07-2008, 04:41 PM
  5. Night Clubs in New York City
    By blackberry_addict in forum Rehab & Off-Topic Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-08-2008, 07:17 AM

Posting Permissions