anyone know how to type in letters for voice prompts whilst in a call.You know, when your asked to type the first few letters of a name in a companies directory.Or when getting train timetables one has to type in the first 5 letters of a destination station etc...Anyone know how to bring up the coordinating letters to a land line phone.I. E. 2(is ABC)3 (DEF) etc....My old Treo 650 had a great feature on the screen you simply tapped an icon and a phone keypad would pop up.
    Thanks!!!!
    11-13-07 07:41 AM
    If you hold the ALT key and simply type the letters the BB automatically dials the appropriate touch tone whether you are in a call or dialing an alpha telephone number.

Pretty neat feature
    11-13-07 09:03 AM
    great to know, i had same problem a while back.
    11-13-07 09:06 AM
    Great! Thanks!!!!!!
    11-13-07 09:40 AM
    I am aware of the ability to hold the shift key to enter letters as numbers ie 1-800-shift M shift A shift T shift T shift R shift E shift S, what I would like to have or determine is how to view those corresponding numbers while typing in the number? Is that possible? I am asking because I would like to be able to look at a sequence and know the numbers without initiating a call. Does this make sense? I believe it is possible, but I can't figure it out.
    12-06-07 07:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD