At $300 there is no point in BlackBerry selling Passports. This is the problem no one wants to pay enough for BB10 phones. All I have heard for the past 2.5 years is people saying they will buy when the phones get discounted. One of the reasons BB has one of the lowest ASP for their phones.
    So what if they sell for a loss- they can make up for it with volume!
    DrBoomBotz and JeepBB like this.
    04-25-16 12:45 PM
    Make blackberry z30 to android, were the blackberry written in bottom should be three buttons

Posted via CB10
    The only buttons on my Android phone are power and volume. It doesn't need any navigation buttons. Why do want to put them on the z30?
    Gajja likes this.
    04-25-16 01:48 PM
    But how is that even possible? Chen has said BB pays high component costs. Apple and Samsung certainly do not.

It's like asking a small Mom and Pop general store to match Walmart's pricing for the same goods. It's absolutely impossible to do that for long.

So I think you have to accept that a $400 BB phone will of course have lesser specs than a $400 Samsung phone. The hope, though, is that enterprises will say that's fine because in return they get better end to end security with the $400 BB phone. That's the play that BB is making here.

You're asking Chen to walk on water if he's going to beat Apple and Samsung on specs at the same price point producing only 3M phones a year.
    Plus of course the business/enterprise software services that he will be hoping to sell on the back of the hardware.
    04-29-16 03:47 AM
    Make blackberry z30 to android, were the blackberry written in bottom should be three buttons

Posted via CB10
    Three on-screen buttons? Yes please, my Priv looks exactly like that :-)
    04-29-16 03:49 AM

IOh I forgot, iOS and Android are incapable of running such innovation. Because they are both too old.
    You really think the BB experience suite didn't roll out because iOS and Android can't run it? That's comical.

Now tell me the fairy tale that BB10 is the only OS that can truly multitask because it plays YouTube in the background. I love that bedtime story.
    04-29-16 07:01 PM
    At $300 there is no point in BlackBerry selling Passports. This is the problem no one wants to pay enough for BB10 phones. All I have heard for the past 2.5 years is people saying they will buy when the phones get discounted. One of the reasons BB has one of the lowest ASP for their phones.
    I paid 650 for my Passport.

Anyway maybe you're right: now that john Chen said that BlackBerry will go Android and probably close its hardware division, maybe it's better to keep all BlackBerry10 stocks and put a big Balance liability.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-16 06:30 AM
    05-08-16 05:22 PM

Android lags, stutters and slows down with time, there's nothing you can do about it and everybody says the same. Aren't you convinced? Just press the "back" button and wait more than one second.

Posted via CB10
    Sure there is.
    Try ccleaner, it works like a charm.
    MM provides permission management now, give that a try too.
    Android and iOS definitely trashes BlackBerry 10, there's no doubt to that, even the company who made BlackBerry 10 had to jump on the Droid ship.
    05-09-16 03:27 AM
    Would be really nice if stylus is incorporated for note taking and editing pdf or photos.
    06-17-16 12:25 AM
    All I know is I have 2 family members that have moved to Android from BB10 in the last 3 weeks. They all wanted to stick with BlackBerry and a PKB, but there were no options (and no, the Priv is not an option here as it is double the price of comparable Android). They'd better come up with something soon or there will be no-one left.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-16 10:27 AM
    All I know is I have 2 family members that have moved to Android from BB10 in the last 3 weeks. They all wanted to stick with BlackBerry and a PKB, but there were no options (and no, the Priv is not an option here as it is double the price of comparable Android). They'd better come up with something soon or there will be no-one left.
    You can get it on ebay for $350-390.
    06-17-16 11:59 AM
    Just got one on eBay for 316.00 ..used for a month, looks brand new with box and all items in box. I'm willing to pay that to play with it and see what I think..then either move to next BlackBerry Android device, or back to my Passport.

Passport on ATT
    06-17-16 02:42 PM
    Very Good Price, Enjoy it .. And tell us what you make of it when you get to use it for a while.
    06-17-16 03:44 PM
    Some people don't like sliders. That's why they need the new offerings.
    06-18-16 02:46 PM
    Mmmm White Castle.
    06-18-16 02:48 PM
    Personally, I can live with such keyboard but for me Blackberry is about having the keyboard out there all the time.. That's why I'm going for the BB Rome when it comes out..
    06-18-16 03:16 PM
    No Classic II anytime soon, apparently. Maybe ever Hopefully that won't be the case. In the meantime, maybe I need to hoard Classics. I already got 1 extra in case anything happens to my current one.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-16 08:38 AM
    No Classic II anytime soon, apparently. Maybe ever Hopefully that won't be the case. In the meantime, maybe I need to hoard Classics. I already got 1 extra in case anything happens to my current one.

Posted via CB10
    Haha.. It's sad that we won't see something like that.. It's my favorite too.. and I'll hoard them just like you.. but its too early to do so.. Wait until they're discontinued.. They'll be around 100$.. Even less just like the 9900..
    06-19-16 11:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    The prob will be getting a replacement battery a few years from now... :-(

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    06-19-16 11:22 PM
    The prob will be getting a replacement battery a few years from now... :-(

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    Hoard batteries a year or two later when it gets discontinued.. You will always find such old stuff even 5-6 Yrs from the time a device gets discontinued..

You can still get new Nokia batteries for the N-Series phones.. Imagine that..
    06-19-16 11:44 PM
    Is the rumored release date for the PKB version really not until Q1 of 2017? After the iPhone 7 and right before the Samsung Galaxy S8? The stupidity of this company continues to amaze.
    07-13-16 12:39 PM
    Would be really nice if stylus is incorporated for note taking and editing pdf or photos.
    The same way that the PKB is unique to BB, the stylus (the only decent one) is unique to the Note series.
    07-13-16 12:39 PM
347 ... 121314