01-28-09 10:08 AM
29 12
tools
    Another thing to consider... when the smartest and most influential people and entities in society are involved in an activity, it is probably a good idea, at the very least, to get acquainted with said activity.

It isn't for everyone; I won't make a wide statement like The Future Belongs To Twitter" or such, but I do believe the that the potential to connect is what makes it huge.

I stated in a post in one of the Twitter threads: it isn't just about playing around anymore. There are some real-life solutions that Twitter brings to the table. Other posters have already pointed out the corporate advantages. I have seen it used in ministry (my area) and sports.

But I always come back to the networking aspect. It's all about who you know. The higher that number is, the bigger your sphere of influence.
    01-28-09 08:47 AM
    Another fun aspect:

Some people I follow:

@LeoLaporte
    @wilw (Wil Wheaton)
    @LevarBurton
    @BrentSpiner
    @CrackberryKevin
    @azeis
    @stephenfry
    @reneritchie
    @darthvader

I'm a geek, but I think it's kind of exciting when a celebrity actually responds to your tweets personally.
    01-28-09 08:55 AM
    Another fun aspect:

Some people I follow:

@LeoLaporte
    @wilw (Wil Wheaton)
    @LevarBurton
    @BrentSpiner
    @CrackberryKevin
    @azeis
    @stephenfry
    @reneritchie
    @darthvader

I'm a geek, but I think it's kind of exciting when a celebrity actually responds to your tweets personally.
    You follow Levar Burton? Awesome!
    01-28-09 08:59 AM
    Twitter is in no way the latest and greatest. it's been around for a few years and IMHO a 160 charactor blog seems totally useless. Only practical application is maybe for corporate use for spreading small chunks of information to a large forum
    Agreed. or if you're a celebrity and you have a nice following going.
    01-28-09 10:08 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD