Hey there,

Just wondering if someone could tell me how to turn off voice dialing completely! I have taken it off my one touch button (it used to come on every time I pulled the phone out of the holster), but I now have a jawbone bluetooth, and I need the voice dialing turned off. Any suggestions.

Cheers
    03-24-10 09:20 PM
    options > screen/keyboard > left side convenience key.
    To turn it off you could remove the cod as well.
    03-24-10 09:31 PM
    on your DESKTOP naviate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8830-v4.5.0.101_P3.4.0.7\Java , (your os file might have a different name...) in the Java folder creat a new folder named removed modules. look for a series of files called "net rim vad". Some will be engines, some will be resources. cut them all out of the java folder and put them in the folder you created. now the next time you run the desktop connection and open the app loader part, it will remove voice dialing completely from your device.
    03-24-10 09:33 PM
    Download Max Mem and remove the the the whole proggy!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-10 11:08 PM
    Download Max Mem and remove the the the whole proggy!
    That is only a solution if the OP never plans to use Desktop Manager again.
    Maxmem takes it off the phone but leaves it on the PC so if DM is used again
    it will put Voice Dialing back.

The solution posted by CyberWarrior is a very good and permanent one.

There is also CrackMem and BBSAK.
    03-24-10 11:18 PM
    I have the Curve 8900, and what CyberWarrior posted doesn't appear to apply to my phone's Desktop Manager (no "shared" folder).

I'm having a hard time understanding why RIM doesn't allow us the option of turning voice dial off as a menu setting. Do they really think it's so great that everyone would always want it?

I used to have voice dial with my Nokia, and it worked great. I can't get the RIM voice dial to work hardly at all. It never understands. Worse, when I have my blue tooth headset turned on and in my pocket, accidentally pressing the button on it activates the voice dial which is REALLY annoying since it's all but a useless function.

If anyone knows how to remove voice dial from a Curve 8900, please let me know.

Thanks.
    06-24-10 12:42 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/crackutil-85617/

CrackUtil, created by our forum moderator Pete6, will let you remove Voice Activated Dialing, freeing up nearly 1 Mb in the process.

Download and install the free utility. Connect your BlackBerry and start CrackMem. Provide your device password, of leave it blank if there is no password on your BlackBerry.

Select File Manipulation - INTERMEDIATE

Select Retrieve File Listing to get your installed modules.

Scroll to net_rim_vad, near the bottom. Select each of the VAD files, then Remove Files from Device.
    06-24-10 03:33 PM
    My two curves never understood me but it works on my Bold and I am happy. Now I just need to get into the habit if using it. Good luck!!
    06-24-10 09:35 PM
    Turn off voice prompts
    After you say a command, you might be prompted for further information or clarification. You can turn off voice prompts using a voice command.

1. In the voice dialing application, wait for the sound.
    2. Say "Turn prompts off."

To turn on voice prompts again, say "Turn prompts on. "
    Turn off voice prompts
    This doesn't disable VAD, it merely shuts off the voice prompts while using it. When I had VAD I used it that way.
    06-24-10 09:41 PM
    I removed mine. I never used it. Got tired of it popping up even when I didn't have it set as a Side Menu Key.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-10 10:07 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/crackutil-85617/

CrackUtil, created by our forum moderator Pete6, will let you remove Voice Activated Dialing, freeing up nearly 1 Mb in the process.

Download and install the free utility. Connect your BlackBerry and start CrackMem. Provide your device password, of leave it blank if there is no password on your BlackBerry.

Select File Manipulation - INTERMEDIATE

Select Retrieve File Listing to get your installed modules.

Scroll to net_rim_vad, near the bottom. Select each of the VAD files, then Remove Files from Device.
    That is how I deleted VAD, since I never use it.
    06-24-10 10:20 PM
    just do as said in these posts, delete the right cod files
    06-24-10 11:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD