I have 8310 with several GPS apps:
    Google Maps
    BB Maps
    and Orange GPS (proprietary navi software provided by the operator)

The only one that offers REAL turn-by-turn navigation in real time is the "Orange GPS". BB maps and Google Maps can build the route but they dont really track your location and tell you where to turn.
    Are there any apps available that do that?
    02-26-10 11:51 AM
    Garmin Mobile and Telenav are two paid apps that offer voice directions. Garmin's website does not state that they support Orange. Garmin Mobile: Take a free test drive on your GPS-enabled BlackBerry | Garmin. I don't know if Telenav does or not. They do have a free trial. Voice directions on your GPS phone: TeleNav
    02-26-10 03:54 PM
    I took the 7 days trial with garmin and it's just like any garmin gps. Voice turn by turn direction, auto recalculate route and everything. The only down side is that it takes like 5 minutes for my 8310 to find my position.
    I will buy it for sure when i'll get my 9700 in august. It's well worth the one time 100$

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-10 05:41 PM
    Garmin might still be available for an approx $20 discount through the BB Lounge (an official bb site)
    02-26-10 11:02 PM
    I just used orangemaps there and i love it, i got it free cause of my plan i am on with Orange so all is good, are you wanting to change ? I think this is the best one i have seen so far.
    02-27-10 09:33 PM
    Locally I will use only Ornage GPS (It's the BEST!!!) but abroad I have to take my stand alone GPS every time I go. Wanted to know if it's possible to use the BB too.... seems like I have to pay for it monthly...
    02-28-10 01:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD