Well as promised, here is my experience with all of the different GPS applications I have tried out on my BB 8900.

TeleNav GPS 14 Day Trial
    This looks to be the most fully featured GPS application out there for your BlackBerry. It contains things found in handheld GPS, has an excellent Point of Interest database, and has the best map graphics. One little problem that would stop any person from using this application....IT DOESN'T WORK! Everytime I input an address, I am outside, and I have a clear view of the sky, the application would complain that the GPS signals are too weak. I do not get this at all, and if other GPS applications work fine, In the same location,why can't this one?

Google Maps
    Great if you are walking, or taking the bus. The Public transit directions work great if you are in an area that supports it, and beats going to the transit agency's website to access this information. Also great when you are driving, but only if you have a "co-pilot" in the car. Does not help out all to well because it does not tell you where to turn, you just have to follow a blue dot.

AmAze GPS
    THE BEST FREE GPS APPLICATION I HAVE SEEN YET. The downside is, you do get what you pay for, there are very little POIs for my area, if any, but this definitely does get the job done, if you know the address of where you want to navigate to. I have programed presets for Home, and friend's houses, and that way, I can route myself out of any place when I am lost. It has options for Bus/Walking, but the public transportation option/Walking just gives me the same old car directions.

In conclusion, I recommend AmAzeGPS, as long as you know where you have to go, this is a great GPS application. I strongly recommend that you have a car charger, as using these applications will take a significant toll on your BB's battery.

I will post up an in-depth review of each GPS application I will try soon. But I hope this helps.
    05-28-09 07:34 PM
    I like it, but it definitely lags on my phone ...
    05-28-09 07:41 PM
    The downside is, you do get what you pay for, there are very little POIs for my area, if any,
    That's because there isn't anything interesting in Chandler, besides the mall...I kid, I kid...I live in AZ too

Anyways, thanks for the review...I have Google Maps and now I'm off to download Amaze
    05-28-09 09:28 PM
    I did not subscribe to data plan just get unlimited email and messanger. don't know whether this is the cause of the "communication problem" i get when I try to run amAze?
    05-28-09 09:30 PM
    I did not subscribe to data plan just get unlimited email and messanger. don't know whether this is the cause of the "communication problem" i get when I try to run amAze?
    Same here. i gave up on Amaze because of the communication problem in downloading the sound files.
    05-29-09 12:31 AM
    The data plan is required to use any maps, I believe.
    05-29-09 12:42 AM
    yea try installing the other version of amaze. it should work
    09-19-09 04:16 AM
    AmAze and google maps is what I use.
    09-19-09 07:55 AM
    TeleNav is sweet. I use it about as much as I use BBM. It's worth the 10 bucks.
    09-22-09 01:05 AM
    If you goto the blackberry owners lounge, you can download Garmin Mobile for $79.99, it is constantly updated with new streets and it also has traffic avoidance, you can google local places within it and it will map you there. It will also map you to contacts if you have an address listed for them. You can also set it for walking and it will adjust the route accordingly. I use it daily. You do need a data plan, but this is the best GPS I have used on my 8900.
    09-22-09 03:04 PM
    Garmin Mobile is either 80 or 100 bucks and it's lifetime for the phone you put it on only. If you ditch this phone you pay again, just remember that. I think some people whose phone is defective have been able to get Garmin to allow the program on the replacement warranty phone but if you go to a different model you're toast.
    09-22-09 03:59 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD