Of all improvements to BB, most I would like to have an option to have data connection turned off as soon as the BB is locked and and ON, when unlocked.
    The reason for that is the electromagnetic radiation from the device. The BB is apparently a strong source of EM radiation, because all speakers around make nasty sound every time BB is going online, about once in two minutes. It would be nice to have BB remain offline while it is in the pocked, and therefore close to the body. When it is unlocked, i.e. in the hand, it is farther from the body and therefore the dose will be lower.
    I wonder, may be some of third party programmers could write such a simple script - data connection OFF when locked.
    02-15-09 10:50 PM
    All GSM phones do that to unshielded speakers; it's got nothing to do with data. If you want it to stop then move your phone or turn it off.
    02-16-09 12:06 PM
    Of all improvements to BB, most I would like to have an option to have data connection turned off as soon as the BB is locked and and ON, when unlocked.
    The reason for that is the electromagnetic radiation from the device. The BB is apparently a strong source of EM radiation, because all speakers around make nasty sound every time BB is going online, about once in two minutes. It would be nice to have BB remain offline while it is in the pocked, and therefore close to the body. When it is unlocked, i.e. in the hand, it is farther from the body and therefore the dose will be lower.
    I wonder, may be some of third party programmers could write such a simple script - data connection OFF when locked.
    If you're thinking about RF exposure don't worry about it, the dosage is well below permitted levels unless you keep the phone in a very unusual place. Even in a long duration active call it should not be a problem. The standby mode "in contact" bursts do not present any hazard, except by creating nuisance noise on sound systems. If you are worried about RF exposure in standby then with all due respect you should not use any cellular device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD