Ever since i got my curve, i have called the customer service several times with problems but no one can help me.. i always get my answer from CB.. well anyhow.. i was advise by one of the CS from tmobile that i should turn on and turn off my BB everyday and leave it off for finve minutes the turn it on.. is this neccessary to do? what it does to the BB? does it clear the memory? i dont mind doing it but it takes at least almost 2 minutes for my BB to get back on..
    07-10-08 03:11 PM
    This is good, but flawed advice...

I think it is a good idea to do a battery pulll each day, or every other day. This will reclaim some memory lost from memory leaks and app usage!!

Pull batt, leave out for about 30 seconds, re-insert battery... done!

*EDIT* You do not need to leave it out for 5 mins as the CS rep stated... and the normal boot time is about 2 mins
    07-10-08 03:13 PM
    Hm, I've never heard of this... sounds a bit much to me, though. I don't even do a battery pull every day, but my memory's quite stable.
    07-10-08 03:15 PM
    Where do you check the memory usage? I'd like to monitor it.
    07-10-08 03:17 PM
    Nah, the guy's got his head stuck .....

The BlackBerry does seem to benefit from removing the battery about once a week. Some say this is uneccessary whilst others swear by it.

You need to keep an eye on your File Fre mmeory. You need about 12Mb free. You can see this by going to Options, Status and dividing the number there by a million to get to megabytes. A battery pull does this free memory a lot of good. Try it and see.

If you want to switch your phone off at night then you can do so by going to Options, Auto Off and setting it up there.
    07-10-08 03:17 PM
    Every day battery pull is a bit too much I think. I'd watch the memory status on a daily basis and go from there. If it looks fine, then there's no need for a battery pull, unless the BB is acting weird. Besides, you don't want to wear out that battery cover and clip.

ALT+SHIFT+H to check memory.
    07-10-08 03:18 PM
    You don't really need to do a pull every day, or even every other day. A quick Alt+Shft+Del will free up most, if not all, of your scattered memory in most cases and it's easier on the hardware than a pull.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-08 03:21 PM
    This is good, but flawed advice...

I think it is a good idea to do a battery pulll each day, or every other day. This will reclaim some memory lost from memory leaks and app usage!!

Pull batt, leave out for about 30 seconds, re-insert battery... done!

*EDIT* You do not need to leave it out for 5 mins as the CS rep stated... and the normal boot time is about 2 mins
    I dont think this should be the case either. IMO you should not have to pull the battery everyday in fact pulling the battery should in my opinion again should be performed when lets say the screen is frozen. Even though I have done battery pulls and it seems to fix certain things I dont think it is healthy for the device. But we have never compared the long term effects either against maybe doing a alt+caps+delete or clearing cache, and cookies. Not saying Im right just a thought.
    07-10-08 03:22 PM
    I think it has more to do with reregistering the phone on the carriers mobile network than memory. I have been told this in the past with other phones. I hardly ever do a batt pull on my phone, in fact I think I've only done it maybe a dozen times since getting it. My file free is at almost 40mb.
    07-10-08 05:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD