hi,
    my tunein radio works when im in my house using the wifi. i have a blackberry curve 8520 and am with orange on a dolphin contract. The dophin contract only allows for 100 mb of internet a month. Does this mean that i can not access the radio using my interent connection when i am not using the wifi. For example, if i dont have wifi and i am at the gym is there anyway to use the tunein radio?

Thanks
    07-20-11 11:35 AM
    You could technically be able to use TuneInRadio via the mobile network. However, I would not recommend doing so on such a small data plan. I have an unlimited data plan, so I do not care how much data I use. I can tell you, though, that I've gone through 100 MB in one day by streaming TuneInRadio.

If you do not wish to pay a lot more money for data, you should only stream TuneInRadio via Wi-Fi.
    07-20-11 11:50 AM
    cheers.
    thats very annoying, i wont be able to listen to it anywhere else but at home.
    i wonder if i can improve my orange dolphin plan
    07-20-11 12:06 PM
    I have an 8520 and I'm on Vodafone with unlimited data, but I can never get Tunein to work unless I'm connected via wifi.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-11 01:40 AM
    I have an 8520 and I'm on Vodafone with unlimited data, but I can never get Tunein to work unless I'm connected via wifi.

Most likely that is due to the slow network connection due to the limitations of your device. The 8520 is only capable of EDGE, not 3G. In most cases, streaming via the mobile network requires 3G.
    07-22-11 01:44 AM
    Be advised that TuneIn may use up to 100MB in an hour!

Thats your monthly download limit gone in an hour!

:-o

Consider getting a decent sized Class 10 Micro SD card and filling that up with your music. A 16GB Micro SD can be found on Amazon for �17 and will hold thousands of the particular tunes that you like.

As for gym time, I've just downloaded the Adidas Micoach App. Most interesting.....

;-)
    07-22-11 02:25 AM

If you go to the options in the app, you should see an option that will allow you to stream over cellular network or not, maybe that's what's causing the problem.

07-22-11 03:09 AM
    8520 is a 2G only device, if you use Tunein without wifi no calls will come trough to you as you can't do simultaneous voice and data, basically all your calls will go to voicemail.

07-22-11 03:25 AM
    Won't it just pause the playback so that you can take the call?
    07-22-11 07:59 AM
    Won't it just pause the playback so that you can take the call?
    Only cdma does that, gsm doesn't. If you're lucky and finds a break between downloading the stream it might get trough but on 2G the breaks are almost nonexistant.

07-22-11 08:13 AM
    you have to increase your data plan . on chepaer small plane the bandwidth and the mb usage in greatly consumed .

increase plan mb and you will be able to listen to radio using wifi
    07-22-11 09:59 AM
    I use tunein pro which allows me to record. and therefore just use the wifi at home.
    a different question... does anyone know how may presets tunein pro allows you to set on the blackberry. I have the torch
    07-22-11 11:41 AM
    i've got a bb 8520 everytime i try to play a station the app gives me the "empty or invalid playlist " error
    any help please ??
    11-12-12 07:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD