I got the new pearl 8110 w/ att, luv it! I have the international plan with unlimited email but I pay for phone incoming and out and text. Att charges me for every incoming call even if I dont answer or ignor.
    Is there a way to turn off the phone to prevent the incoming calls but still keep the email account going?
    05-08-08 06:09 PM
    I honestly don't know if you can shut off the phone and only get the email, but I guess my question is why have a cell phone if you don't want to use the cell portion? Wouldn't a standard PDA have been better?
    05-08-08 06:49 PM
    You can request this from ur carrier... it will then be just a Data Fone...

Or if u know ur barring code then under call logs press on menu and go to options

Select Call Barring and enable what u want.... Incoming if roaming....
    05-08-08 07:16 PM
    sorry, I didnt specify I am on vaccation for two weeks and dont want phone for that specific time. I want it working again when I get back home.

don
    05-10-08 06:07 PM
    P.S. Carrier said "no can do". I keep my blackberry on all day so I get emails but when someone calls I get charged. I think my carrier is screwing me over to get the extra charges. There must be a way to freeze the phone and keep emails so I can prevent these incoming phone charges.
    05-10-08 06:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD