So this is out now and available direct from Aliph or from AT&T. So I called my local AT&T store and they knew nothing about it. I called AT&T and they said I couldn't order through phone sales or online as I'm not an AT&T customer. I tried to order from Aliph direct and the interface isn't working! So now I'm peeved and waiting...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-08 12:00 PM
    The black version is available directly from the Jawbone website:

JAWBONE: Store
    05-15-08 01:24 PM
    Yep, that's the site that wasn't working properly. I got all the way to the "confirm order" screen and pressed the button to complete the order. It refreshed and just showed the same page. I even took the risk of pressing the button a second time and it did the same thing....
    05-15-08 05:21 PM
    Hmm... probably just a glitch in their website. You can either wait a few days and try the website again or what I would do is use the Contact Us form (JAWBONE: Contact Us) to send them an email about it. Maybe you can even ask if you can place an order that way or if you could order it over the phone with them. It's worth a try! Good luck!

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    05-16-08 01:36 AM
    I just wanted to let you know that we do have the brand new Jawbone 2 Bluetooth headset available at Gammoth for purchase. We have these in stock and ready to be shipped out. I know the Jawbone website has been backlogged, so you can take a look at Gammoth if you want. Just go to gammoth.com and it will be on the homepage!

Just fyi. Hope this helps!
    05-16-08 02:51 PM
    Whats the difference between the old one and the new one.

Also how do you charge each of them, my current headsets I can use my bb charger for, can I use them for these as well, that would be really cool so I can use charge it when I'm in the car, no need for carrying around a second set with me.
    05-16-08 09:22 PM
    Jawbone 2 looks great!
    05-16-08 09:32 PM
    Jawbone 2 looks great!
    Yet, there is absolutely no information on specifications...anywhere.

How is it different? Noone seems to know, except Jawbone. Yeah, I'm gonna drop $130 on JAWBONE 2 without any product details....shhhhhyeahright.
    05-17-08 02:53 AM
    Yet, there is absolutely no information on specifications...anywhere.

How is it different? Noone seems to know, except Jawbone. Yeah, I'm gonna drop $130 on JAWBONE 2 without any product details....shhhhhyeahright.
    Strontium, there's actually plenty of information directly on the Jawbone website. There's even a user guide for download (http://partners.jawbone.com/c/159229...QuickGuide.zip). To answer your questions KeithF40, the new Jawbone is smaller both in height and width. The new Jawbone's footprint (or is it earprint?) is about 50% of the orignal... MUCH smaller! The new Jawbone also sports hidden touch-sensitive control buttons and LEDs and a newly-renamed "Noise Assassin" technology to reduce ambient noise (the Jawbone website actually has a pretty cool video of a phone call in a construction zone - it's in the DEMO page... check it out!).

As for charging, Jawbones use their own proprietary chargers, so no mini-USB here. The Jawbone also uses a magnetic connector on its charger. Hope this helps!

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    Last edited by Marine39; 05-17-08 at 03:42 AM.
    05-17-08 03:28 AM
    I might also add that I have yet to try out the new Jawbone but I have used the "Noise Assassin" technology before and can tell you it works like a charm. For those of you who don't know, Noise Assassin is approved by DARPA for military use. I can tell you that I was able to speak normally into a mic with a firefight in the background and the sound was crystal-clear (I listened to the playback for my AAR). I can't speak to whether or not the Jawbone 2 is up to this standard, but if it uses the same technology, I'm willing to bet it's pretty darn good.

P.S. If anyone wants to buy me one of these new Jawbones, I'll take it out on our next live-fire exercise and really "field" test it. I'll even write up a full review for Crackberry. PM me if you're interested!

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    Last edited by Marine39; 05-17-08 at 03:45 AM.
    05-17-08 03:35 AM
    Strontium, there's actually plenty of information directly on the Jawbone website. There's even a user guide for download (http://partners.jawbone.com/c/159229...QuickGuide.zip).
    Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    I'm still failing to find any specifications on said product....
    05-17-08 05:56 AM
    I havent had time to check out any of the links, but can someone tell me if its as huge as Jawbone 1?

When the Jawbone first appeared, I ran out an bought one, but I couldnt get past looking like I was waiting for Capt Kirk to tell Scotty to beam me up.
    05-17-08 06:38 AM
    I havent had time to check out any of the links, but can someone tell me if its as huge as Jawbone 1?

When the Jawbone first appeared, I ran out an bought one, but I couldnt get past looking like I was waiting for Capt Kirk to tell Scotty to beam me up.
    We're still waiting on someone to ball-up and drop the 130 bones...
    05-17-08 06:58 AM
    if you even read what kevin wrote about it on the blog, it says it is 50% smaller. go to cnet.com, they have a nice review there also. these people who are saying they can't find specs just really aren't looking at all and want everything handed to them
    05-17-08 09:35 AM
    We're still waiting on someone to ball-up and drop the 130 bones...
    i don't know about bones, but i might drop 130 clams on it...
    i'm going to the mall today after my son's little league game.....
    05-17-08 09:38 AM
    I have the original Jawbone, and while it works pretty well, I have noticed my beard often prevents it from actually resting on my jaw/cheek. I can definitely tell when this is happening...I should say others on the line can tell, because it gets more static. Just an FYI...if you have a beard or bushy sideburns you should give it a severe test while walking or being in the wind, etc...it definitely changes the user experience for me, and the beard is not coming off . If this v2 is shorter and will rest on the spot that is bare between your ear and where a beard starts, it may be the ticket!
    05-17-08 10:52 AM
    well, i went to the att store and they had none in stock. he said they won't have them until next week, but they did get shipped a demo that he let me see. it is sooo much smaller, about the size as all the other bluetooth headsets out there. it was very comfortable and very light, it could totally be worn all day and probably forget about it. i'm a spaz and since i've never worn a bluetooth headset i had to figure out how to put it on, but it was easy. again, i'm a spaz. so i will be ordering it from jawbone, i'm not waiting a week until the store gets them in stock.
    05-17-08 05:10 PM
    The main differences for me are that the earpieces are different - the one that goes in your ear has a better fit and can actually hold the headset without the over-the-ear piece, and the over-the-ear piece doesn't push the headset away from your head. I had the original jawbone for a week and fit was the ONLY reason I returned it.

The new one also has a different look - a lot of people (including myself) think it's a bit ugly... That hasn't stopped me from wanting one though. I need a good noise cancelling headset that will not throw a lot of static when used with my 8130 - I could care less what it looks like.

I DID finally get things working on the jawbone site, and my new headset s/b here Tuesday, give or take a day. YAY!
    05-17-08 10:32 PM
    It will be worth it!
    05-17-08 10:51 PM
    Well, I picked one up a few hours ago and have to say that so far I almost love it. It fits me great, and people really have not been able to tell I'm on a headset. I was always skeptical about reviews I'd read about the original jawbone where people said the call quality was better than a phone - I now have to agree.

Yes, I did get a Jawbone2. I left a few messages for myself at home driving on the freeway with and without the radio on, and it works as advertised. The only thing I don't like about it is that the audio sent to my ear sounds like it has too much treble, but if I push the ear piece further into my ear it dramatically improves. Problem is, with even the smallest ear piece, it still won't fit in my ear properly. I'm just going to dig out some of my old Jabra eargels and try that out.

I'm definitely going to keep it. Never thought I'd find a BT headset I liked more than my Voyager 510, but I've found it.

I got mine at an ATT store, and no getting them to come down on the price. The only think I don't know is if it will pair with more than one phone at a time - I'll have to try that later tonight since I always carry two phones, and that was one of the selling points on my 510.

The charger is great - it is magnetic and is very easy to attach, stays attached, but detaches with no trouble at all when you're done charging. Plus, I really like being able to plug it into my laptop's USB port for power.

I would have to say buy one.
    05-17-08 11:14 PM
    Sounds interesting ...I need a bluetooth device but here's my dilemma. i have the smallest earlobes that you can imagine and when I try on these devices they seem heavy the sales person @ T-mobile even laughed at me because they just look hugh and with my glasses they won't stay and in terms of the earpiece same situation I can't even use the gels they're still to big and they're uncomfortable. Do you if this one adjust. I 'm willing to pay for it. Also do you think the stores will have a demo that I can try on?
    05-18-08 06:22 AM
    I didn't know demos existed. I wouldn't trust putting something in my ears that other ppl have done the same thing with.

Have you ever seen a returned headset being sold as new- not a pretty sight. BestBuy is notorious for doing that.

05-18-08 08:59 AM
    I have the original Jawbone, and while it works pretty well, I have noticed my beard often prevents it from actually resting on my jaw/cheek. I can definitely tell when this is happening...I should say others on the line can tell, because it gets more static. Just an FYI...if you have a beard or bushy sideburns you should give it a severe test while walking or being in the wind, etc...it definitely changes the user experience for me, and the beard is not coming off . If this v2 is shorter and will rest on the spot that is bare between your ear and where a beard starts, it may be the ticket!
    Same beard problem, here. The "microphone" does not contact my skin/jawbone due to the beard. It works quite well, if I'm stationary but while walking the beard keeps it bouncing too much - my sister demanded we end the conversation and talk when she could hear me and then hung up!!!!
    05-18-08 10:31 AM
    your sis and my wife have the same resistance to phone irritation, which is to say, very little! I'm using a little cheapo Jabra right now, sounds good and I rarely have to repeat my call commands, but it doesn't fit well...if I look to the left too fast, it starts flopping around. The search continues.
    05-18-08 04:31 PM
    I didn't know demos existed. I wouldn't trust putting something in my ears that other ppl have done the same thing with.

Have you ever seen a returned headset being sold as new- not a pretty sight. BestBuy is notorious for doing that.

i didn't either until he asked me if wanted to see one in person because they had one. i carry alcohol swabs in my purse, you never know when you want to wipe something down.
    05-18-08 06:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD