Bottom line......I do not need minutes on my mobile device.
    I was hoping by now there would be a data only service offered by blackberry, but life goes on.

So here is my idea

30.00 a month for calling and text (prepaid service)

30.00 a month for Playbook data.......

That is about 40.00 less than what I would pay if I went back to a carrier with a plan, text and data. Where they get you is with text, I still cannot believe they are able to charge for a built in service such as SMS.

PS....I spent 5 years in the mobile industry. I am looking for a smart, economical way to receive email and browse on the go.

Thank you all for your time and input. What do you think?
    08-14-11 11:58 AM
    virgin mobile 8530 - 35 dollar unlimited txt - data, 300 minutes. done.

http://www.virginmobileusa.com/cell-...lans/overview/
    Last edited by MadMax8778; 08-14-11 at 12:25 PM.
    08-14-11 12:11 PM
    Thanks for the helpful advice....

I am looking for and am used to a high powered web browsing experience, which is why I was going to go with the Playbook for data.

I believe data is 30.00 a month on playbook.

If so, I will just combine your virgin mobile option with a playbook and I'm good to go.

Sure the playbook is high cost at first, but I will make the money back in what I save each month compared to what I used to pay with my carrier.

Thanks again!
    08-14-11 12:33 PM
    Wind holiday miracle plan. $40 for unlimitted data, text and Canada wide calling. Also includes voicemail and caller id. Voice service can be iffy at times but everything else is good.
    08-14-11 12:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD