Hi Folks:
    Brand new here on the forum and today is the day I hope to purchase my first BB. But I'm not sure whether to go with VZW or ATT or ...??

I live near Charlottesville, VA. I say "near" b/c I am out in the country with absolutely no ATT coverage with my current cell phone. I work from a home office and have a landline so that is not a huge deal. Generally, I get terrible coverage with ATT...even in parts of downtown C'ville.

What I do like about ATT, however, are the rollover minutes; my job is very seasonal - heavy usage Feb-May, low usage Jun-Jul, slightly higher usage Aug-Oct, low usage Nov-Jan. This allows me to keep a lower minute plan and then use my rollover minutes when I travel more often during the months mentioned.

With respect to coverage area needs, my job takes me around the country...not weekly trips mind you, but I do visit AZ, CA, New England, Mid-Altantic states during the course of the year (although I expect to be traveling more in 2009).

I have read other posts that seem to indicate that, overall, VZW has better national coverage.

So, I'm leaning towads VZW b/c of the better national coverage, but leaning towards ATT for the roll-over minutes (since I don't really need cell phone coverage from my home office), and leaning back again to VZW b/c they have a 30-day trial.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    06-10-08 08:04 AM
    I believe Alltel and VZW have the largest national coverage areas.

Maybe checkout mycircle with Alltel, not sure if this will help with your needs or not.

I have used almost all of the carriers and Altell has been the best by far for me.
    06-10-08 09:31 AM
    With the vzw and altell merger they most likely do have the best coverage, but my God I don't know what I'd do without my rollover minutes! ATT has always been great for me and for the most part my coverage has been good too!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-08 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD