https://twitter.com/g33kphr33k/statu...82712778342400

^^^ Enough said!

It wasn't actually me, but a work colleague. He's now going to buy via a different supplier!

Unreal.
    redsaph likes this.
    10-08-13 02:43 AM
    Yeah, I've experienced Verizon store clerks asking me why I wanted to buy a BlackBerry.
    dollface likes this.
    10-08-13 03:36 AM
    Haha...

It's really annoying...

BlackBerry Bold 9900; Q10; Z10
    10-08-13 04:12 AM
    He was just trying to help you and look out for your best interest...

Imagine if BBRY gets bought next, and as a result they'll exit the consumer business and withdrawn all their handsets. (Which isn't unlikely at all.)

Most people who have bought a Blackberry will show up in the store the next day, and demand an explanation as to why they weren't warned by the salesperson that this might happen.
    10-08-13 04:24 AM
    You would be pretty stupid to buy a BlackBerry before knowing the outcome of the sale!

Sent from my BlackBerry
    10-08-13 04:27 AM
    Sorry guys, but if I go in to the store to buy a yellow banana that I want, why should I be called stupid and told to buy a potato?

Simple thing: I want that, sell it to me.

I do not expect: No, sorry, you are wrong for your choice because I make more money from selling this.
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    10-08-13 04:35 AM
    They have some target to reach with Apple or they are subject to pay penalties something la that so they better push that even it is not commercial at all.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 04:52 AM
    Sorry guys, but if I go in to the store to buy a yellow banana that I want, why should I be called stupid and told to buy a potato?

Simple thing: I want that, sell it to me.

I do not expect: No, sorry, you are wrong for your choice because I make more money from selling this.
    + 1. Just sell the customer what he asked for.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    10-08-13 04:55 AM
    I just went back to CPW with my work colleague, he now owns a shiny black Q10.

While purchasing, I spoke to the customer services agent. I asked why they pushed iPhone and Samsung and it's because those companies pay a fortune to have their products pushed in front of other companies.

Money spent = money made.
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    10-08-13 07:51 AM
    You would be pretty stupid to buy a BlackBerry before knowing the outcome of the sale!

Sent from my BlackBerry
    Why? Is Prem Watsa going to show up at my house and take my phone away?

Newsflash: BlackBerry 10 phones would continue to work. Email,texts,whatsapp, browser, etc. will all work. BBM may not.

Thanks to sideloading, there would even be a source of future apps.

Who's stupid now?

Posted via CB10
    dollface and Deanig_12 like this.
    10-08-13 10:43 AM
    When I went into the Sprint store two days ago to buy my Q10, the sales clerk said the me "Really, Blackberry??" and gave me a horrified look. I asked him what the problem was, if they didn't have any? He said they had them but that Blackberry was going under and this time next year the only place they will be used is probably in Africa. I told him he was wrong and to get my Q10. He sat and played with his android the entire time of my activation. Jerk!
    10-09-13 06:18 AM
    When I went into the Sprint store two days ago to buy my Q10, the sales clerk said the me "Really, Blackberry??" and gave me a horrified look. I asked him what the problem was, if they didn't have any? He said they had them but that Blackberry was going under and this time next year the only place they will be used is probably in Africa. I told him he was wrong and to get my Q10. He sat and played with his android the entire time of my activation. Jerk!
    Odd, that's never happened to me regardless of which store or carrier I visit. Perhaps its my commanding presence. I tell them to show me the phone I want, and if they have it they show it to me. My wife has told me before that I sound like I'm giving orders when talking to folks.
    tvst28 likes this.
    10-09-13 07:22 AM
    I would expect BBM to work for the foreseeable future as well. While they are moving ahead with it in a painfully slow manner, the BBM cross-platform strategy seems to be a long-term plan to put an IM+Voice/Video+Social (Channels) client out there, which can eventually be monetized. If anything, they might split it off from their enterprise division and develop it independently but I really doubt it'll be going away anytime soon.

Why? Is Prem Watsa going to show up at my house and take my phone away?

Newsflash: BlackBerry 10 phones would continue to work. Email,texts,whatsapp, browser, etc. will all work. BBM may not.

Thanks to sideloading, there would even be a source of future apps.

Who's stupid now?

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 02:50 PM
    Phone sellers try and help people make a decision they won't regret, they get abuse.
    They don't do that, the customer is surprised the phone doesn't do what all the other OSes do, they come on here, they get abuse from people saying they should have known all that before they bought the phone.
    Would be funny if it wasn't so sad.
    bbq10l likes this.
    10-09-13 02:57 PM