With the new BB's coming out will RIM every see an end to Truncated email? I don't know that much about it and it's not a phone issue. But for me, that is one of two reasons I am trying android. The other being browser speed. I just got sick of truncated messages......
    01-29-11 12:12 PM
    Not unless there are fundamental changes to BIS/BES. Truncated emails are not
    a issue caused by the device or the OS so it is hard to say if that will change.

I do feel you though. That is one of the main reasons that my 9800 is not my
    work device.
    01-29-11 12:19 PM
    This issue has bugged me ever since I got my bold. Is there any solution to getting the rest of a truncated email?
    01-29-11 12:51 PM
    This issue has bugged me ever since I got my bold. Is there any solution to getting the rest of a truncated email?
    find a PC
    log on to the webmail via the BB broswer
    buy a phone that doesnt truncate mail
    01-29-11 12:57 PM
    find a PC
    log on to the webmail via the BB broswer
    buy a phone that doesnt truncate mail
    Thanks for the suggestions. The first two I already do, the 3rd is not an option. I find it somewhat ironic that a platform built on it's messaging prowess doesn't allow larger emails. While I don't know the cutoff point to truncate, it does seem to happen all to frequently, then unbelievably it will be only five more words that are missing. I'll continue to deal with it.
    01-29-11 01:08 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions. The first two I already do, the 3rd is not an option. I find it somewhat ironic that a platform built on it's messaging prowess doesn't allow larger emails. While I don't know the cutoff point to truncate, it does seem to happen all to frequently, then unbelievably it will be only five more words that are missing. I'll continue to deal with it.
    2.9 MBs is the limit, or about 3-4 decent quality pics
    01-29-11 01:09 PM
    We need to launch a email campain of 3MB emails to RIM asking for the option to disable truncating in a user CP!!

I would not want truncating to be gone, because when traveling it is nice to not mistakenly open a huge email.

BUT when I'm not traveling I'd like the option!!
    01-29-11 01:42 PM
    I won't be getting truncated emails when June rolls around.
    01-29-11 03:54 PM
    Well hopefully this is something RIM addresses at some point. It seems as if they are headed in the right direction with the phones that are suppose to be released(Assuming they don't get pushed back any further). A little behind yet, but a jump for RIM. But as long as there are truncated emails, it is hard not to look at other platforms for myself anyways. I still really like the form of the BOLD though!!
    01-29-11 05:06 PM
    Truncated emails was an issue for me, especially when traveling. I run my own business, so having access to email wherever I go is important. Since I run a photography business, attachments like photographs, PDF files (order forms), and other attachments would arrive via email all the time. When emails would arrive truncated, it meant I would have to wait until I can get to a computer to run my business. Apps like RDM+ make it easier, but if I'm on the road, that means my laptop is with me and I can't use RDM+ to check email until I get to my destination and set up my laptop.

Unfortunately, carriers control the BIS email limit. BES limits are controlled by the corporation. It isn't something you can control from your BB.

I still use my BB for software development emails. I rarely get anything large enough to get truncated with that. But I had to move my photography business emails to a different platform.
    01-31-11 07:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD