I really would like a blackberry pearl and it won't be for a month or two before I make the switch when the razr plan goes up. My dad does have a business plan so I get my phone plans through his business. However I may be willing to go my own way when I saw a few websites that ar giving the pearl away for free plus $50 back with a 2 year contract. Are these sites legit and for real? Whats the catch a high monthly payment?
    03-17-08 05:49 PM
    My suggestion would be to go with a major carrier for your phone and service. At least the majority of the time you know what you are getting and they, for all practical purposes should still be around for help.
    03-17-08 06:23 PM
    i've heard of several people using wirefly - they often have awesome deals. my only suggestion is do a lot of research. you could always contact the carrier to make sure they will honor the deal. good luck

btw, nice choice! you will love the pearl.
    03-17-08 06:41 PM
    Thanks for the information guys, I will be going with a major carrier. I always planned that but when I saw those deals I wanted to be sure! Can't wait till I can pick one up!
    03-17-08 06:48 PM
    Just another thought, does anyone know what carrier offers the best prices on plans? I am a current us celluar customer. Voice plan does not matter too much to me as data plans since I am hearing impaired so I rarely if ever talk on the phone and rely on more on text and emails all the time. I would like voice plan but the minutes wont be a lot. I only used 30 minutes of voice in 2 years!!!
    03-17-08 07:29 PM
    I have t-mobile and I've been so happy with them for years! I have a pearl and love it! I've found the best deals through Sam's club which is an authorized t-mobile dealer. I know they have free pearls here for new plans!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-08 07:33 PM
    I have t-mobile and I've been so happy with them for years! I have a pearl and love it! I've found the best deals through Sam's club which is an authorized t-mobile dealer. I know they have free pearls here for new plans!

Very interesting since I get sams and walmart discounts. What kind of monthly payment are we talking? Free phone is always good!

Edit: I am heading to sams tomorrow for more info!
    Last edited by BB-fan; 03-17-08 at 07:48 PM.
    03-17-08 07:36 PM
    I have a family plan with two phones... I pay 89.00/mth which includes unlimited internet, email, text, sms, etc. You can't beat it!!! You can just call your Sam's store and ask for the phone kiosk and talk to one of the sales rep for T-mobile. It will save you a trip!
    03-17-08 07:53 PM
    Tmo is the best !

03-17-08 07:59 PM
    Awesome info! I am off all day tomorrow so if gives me something to do! If I like it I just might go for it! I will see what they have to offer! Thanks!
    03-17-08 08:06 PM
    You could also try Amazon.com

Avoif wirefly if possible, my friend ordered a bb about the same time w/ me but still has problems with his rebate.

03-17-08 08:41 PM
    I have a family plan with two phones... I pay 89.00/mth which includes unlimited internet, email, text, sms, etc. You can't beat it!!! You can just call your Sam's store and ask for the phone kiosk and talk to one of the sales rep for T-mobile. It will save you a trip!
    Oh....My...Goodness....

I think I just found another good reason to leave sprint!
    My wife and I could both have unlimited data on Pearls for less than 100 a month!?

*faint*
    03-17-08 10:00 PM
    Checking amazon. I will let you all know what I find when I hit t mobile today and see what they have to offer. Thanks for all the help.
    03-18-08 08:26 AM
    how many min do you have?
    03-18-08 09:41 AM
    Just got back from sams club and they don't have t-mobile but att and sprint. The phone was $29.99 but att and sprint wanted $100 or a little more a month for talk, text and email! Ouch! Going to check t-mobiles website.

Edit: T-mobile does not carry service here either. I might just have to go with uscellular which is the current carrier for our cell phones.
    Last edited by BB-fan; 03-18-08 at 12:06 PM.
    03-18-08 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";