Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Exclamation Troubleshooting Pairing of Jawbone 2

I bought the Jawbone 2 a couple of weeks ago for use on the Motorola Q I had been using for a while. However, the process of pairing it to my device was absolutely terrible--so terrible in fact that I had to actually take it to my nearest verizon store and have them look at it.

The guy that helped me out owned a jawbone 2 himself and said he understood the pairing process, but still took almost 45 minutes.
    ---
    Well, I finally upgraded my phone today, to the blackberry storm. Meaning that I need to pair my jawbone to my new phone.

I have scoured the web looking for any and all directions for pairing the device, but have come across the same thing every time.

Have the device turned off. Hold the Noise Assassin and talk buttons for 3 seconds, or until the light flashes red and white. Then use the code 0000 to access it.

I have tried this process over and over again. It will not flash red and white. The same thing happened the first time around. In fact the guy almost told me I had a defective product, until he ran through the process one more time and was able to make it flash red/white.

Does anyone here have any advice to making this work. I am on the road a lot and the jawbone has been a life saver since I got it working on my other phone. It would be a HUGE loss if I was unable to use it with this phone.

Keep in mind, my problem lies outside of my actual blackberry. I am unable to get the jawbone itself, into pairing mode (red/white)

Thank You
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,327 Global Posts

You tried resetting the jawbone?

Press and hold down the Talk Button on the Jawbone headset. (It does not matter whether the Jawbone is on or off.)

Connect the Jawbone to the USB charger cable. (The cable needs to be plugged into an active USB port or to an electrical outlet via the Wall Charger unit.)

Release the Talk Button.

Disconnect the Jawbone headset from the USB charger cable.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I have tried that and it still doesn't work. I guess I just got lucky the first time around. I called Jawbone today and they are going to set me up with an RMA and replace it. Unfortunately that's going to leave me without a BT for at least a week or two (I'm going away - Main reason I got it in the first place). Hopefully the new one will work without any hiccups.
    CrackBerry User

JB has great customer service. The new one should work fine. good luck.

~LB
    -------------------------------
    Previous incarnations before BB Torch (2010 - Present):

Nokia 6810 : 2000 - 2002 (Permit Denied)
    SE T68i : 2002 - 2004 (High Fever Lobotomy)
    SE K700i : 2004 - 2006 (Retired)
    SE P990i : 2006 - 2007 (Huntington's Disease)
    SE K810i : 2007 - 2008 (Part-Time Contract)
    BB Bold9000 : 2008 - 2010 (Sabbatical)
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Troubleshooting Pairing of Jawbone 2

I had similar problems connecting the phone, I managed to get my Flip connected after 45 minutes but was unabale to connect me wifes phone. The problem is the Noise Assassin button is very small and the Talk button is located aft of the LED so when you press the Talk button the cover flexs and makes contact with the Noise Assassin very difficult.

Solution:
    Use you fingernail to pry the cover off from teh aft end of the Jawbone near the Noise Assassin button and peel it carefully forward. It just clips on and off but be careful just in case. You will see small buttons on the curcuit board which you can then press per the instruction to pair and then snap the cover back on.

Even after doing this and knowing where teh buttons are I was unable to do it with the cover on, so just remove it to pair, you only need do it once.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCraic View Post
    I bought the Jawbone 2 a couple of weeks ago for use on the Motorola Q I had been using for a while. However, the process of pairing it to my device was absolutely terrible--so terrible in fact that I had to actually take it to my nearest verizon store and have them look at it.

The guy that helped me out owned a jawbone 2 himself and said he understood the pairing process, but still took almost 45 minutes.
    ---
    Well, I finally upgraded my phone today, to the blackberry storm. Meaning that I need to pair my jawbone to my new phone.

I have scoured the web looking for any and all directions for pairing the device, but have come across the same thing every time.

Have the device turned off. Hold the Noise Assassin and talk buttons for 3 seconds, or until the light flashes red and white. Then use the code 0000 to access it.

I have tried this process over and over again. It will not flash red and white. The same thing happened the first time around. In fact the guy almost told me I had a defective product, until he ran through the process one more time and was able to make it flash red/white.

Does anyone here have any advice to making this work. I am on the road a lot and the jawbone has been a life saver since I got it working on my other phone. It would be a HUGE loss if I was unable to use it with this phone.

Keep in mind, my problem lies outside of my actual blackberry. I am unable to get the jawbone itself, into pairing mode (red/white)

Thank You
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Noise Assassin Button - Cause of Trouble

Thanks BusyMama. Peeling back the cover and hitting the circuit board buttons solved the problem. I've seen others with same problem (on other sites)... will pass along a link to your solution.

Thanks

ps
    I got my JawBone at an unbelievably low price. Now I think I know why.
    CrackBerry Newbie

WOW... I want to thank the person who did the original posting to suggest holding down the Noise Assist and the Talk button until the Red/White light was flashing - it worked. Thanks again!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

I got a Jawbone II on eBay for a low price the other day. I found this thread today when I couldn't get it to pair with my Tour. I had to pop off the cover and hold down both buttons for it to finally start flashing red & white. For those who don't know, it will quickly alternate between red & white when ready for pairing.

I would go slowly and be delicate while attempting this though. Thanks BusyMama for sharing this solution.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    523 Global Posts

I'm getting my second Jawbone II tommorow and will remember this when i am pairing it
    Brett Meadors
    CrackBerry Newbie

I absolutely love my Jawbone II, but this pairing-mode issue is insane. I hated to have to peel open the device for fear I would break it, but after 30 mins of trying to get it into pairing mode I finally gave up and opened it up. Even then, it took me a few tries to get it to work. Thankfully I did get it paired and put back together again without any damage. I hope the Jawbone folks can resolve this issue in future releases.

Thanks for the advice, BusyMama. I'd still be fiddling with this thing without your suggestion.
    Last edited by mansart; 11-18-2009 at 01:30 PM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I was having the same problem: I removed the cover form the jawbone and did the following and it worked like a charm:

"On the opened back; first hold down the top button; immediately press down the center button and then press down the noise button in the front". Be careful putting the cover back on.
    Last edited by 7naumankhan7; 12-06-2009 at 09:35 PM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default jawbone issues

thanks to thecraic...i took your advice on holding the noise assasin and the talk button down for 3 seconds and the pairing worked. i guess thats the trick. i tried doing a search on my blackberry tour and it was just popping up computers and other phones. it was driving me nuts. but it found it now and it didn't even ask me for a code. maybe because it would be the jawbone's second pairing. i lost my jawbone and bought one on craigs but when i got the blackberry at verizon, they setup my jawbone for me since i bought everything there. craigs had some good deals but the instructions on the jawbone manual don't seem to have a lot of detail. especially if you have a blackberry. glad it works now and thanks. the manual says to press talk button for two seconds but apparently you need to press both buttons to get it to flash red and white. wonder if buying a used jawbone is the difference since the instructions are a little different for pairing for the first time vs. pairing to additional devices. since my jawbone had already been paired to the original owner's phone, then i should have followed the instructions for the pairing to additional device. so it seems once you buy a used jawbone, the first pairing instructions no longer would work.