I'm trying to fix a problem for a coworker and I'm stumped.....she took out her memory card took it to walmart and printed some pictures. When she put it back in the bb it would'nt show up. I went to options,media card and it said the card needed to be formated but that will delete the media on it. I put the card in my pc and it said can't read because of i/o error. How can I format the card without loosing the pics??
    05-25-08 10:19 PM
    What size card?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-08 10:28 PM
    1gb sandisk

05-25-08 10:31 PM
    When it's hooked up to your pc, is there an explore option when you right click.

05-25-08 10:36 PM
    Yeah but when you click on the the memory card that's when it says i/o error instead of showing all the folders in the media card.

05-25-08 10:39 PM
    Are the pins straight and clean, is the adapter clean?
    If they are, and it still won't read, there is freeware that will pull the files, I don't remember the name, but google corrupt memory card data retrieval freeware. Pulled some pics off of a bad card with it.
    Make sure the pins are clean on the card and the adapter, usually an i/o error is a bad connection.
    GL

05-25-08 10:46 PM
    Thanks a lot!

05-25-08 10:48 PM
    Ok I downloaded data doctor and it just says it does'nt see a memory card in my computer. I've checked connections the pins look fine. It wan't retrieve it. Is this card just trash now?
    05-26-08 11:21 AM
    Do you have a different adapter to try. Is it still popping an I/O error?

05-26-08 11:39 AM
    No but I put my card in the adapter and it reads it. Her pins look fine.. I dunno whyit want read it.

05-26-08 11:46 AM
    here are a few programs that might help to retrieve data, just google them and read more about them, the last 3 programs can be found on cnet. They may or may not apply to this problem. Also if one of these recover pics , you will probably have to format card afterwards. I had a problem with bb reading micro card, after i formated the card it worked fine.

Boomerang Data Recovery v1.0.5
    CardRecovery™ v4.10
    Undelete for SD Card 1.7 build 510
    F-Recovery for SD 2.5
    SoftPerfect File Recovery 1
    Memory Card Pictures Recovery Restore 2.0.1.5
    Last edited by johnsmohr111; 05-26-08 at 11:53 AM.
    05-26-08 11:48 AM
    One other longshot is to image the card, then transfer it to a known good card or the pc itself to try and get the media off.
    Maybe during transport, your friend zapped it with some static.

05-26-08 11:52 AM
    K I will try them. Thanks again for being helpful!

05-26-08 11:53 AM
    I've tried all of these programs and they all download fine and when I run them it just tries to search my computer. Obviously not reading the card.
    05-26-08 12:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD