Okay, so I'm looking into removing the "sent from my Blackberry" text added to all outgoing email sent from my BB and I find a thread describing how to do it. The first step is to make sure you have a BIS account set up.

So, I follow the link provided for Verizon users and try to Create New Account. I am prompted to enter my Device PIN and Device ESN/MEID. I do so and I'm then given a message that says an account already exists for this PIN. So I then go to the sign-in screen again and click on the Forgot Password link. It give me two ways to request my password, with my username or my PIN. Since I don't remember setting up a BIS account, I have no idea what my username is, so I enter my PIN and press the Request Password button.

I then get a pop-up message that says Your password has been successfully sent to your Blackberry device and almost immediately I get a new message notification on my BB. I get the following message:

-- Automatically generated email: Do Not Reply to this email --

You asked to have your password sent to your device.

User name and password don't exist. Please use your device to access BlackBerry Internet Service.
    Okay, so which is it? Do I already have an account or not?

Can anyone advise me on what I should do now?

Thanks,

JD
    02-25-09 10:33 AM
    You have to call your carrier and have them reset BIS for you. With my 1st BB, I got the same message and the only thing that help was calling my carriers tech support. They had the issue corrected in less than 5 min.
    02-25-09 10:44 AM
    I was afraid that would be the answer.

Thanks,

JD
    02-25-09 10:46 AM
    If you have e-mail setup on your device, and it's not off of an Enterprise server, then you have BIS. When you originally setup your e-mail address on your BB, i would assume that you went thru the e-mail setup app on your BB itself correct? I would go thru that again and try to log in that way. I don't know why it's asking you for your pin, when I log into US Cellular's BIS site (which I believe is a universal template, just carrier specific) it just asks me for my username and password, I've never had to enter my pin, and I can access it from my BB and my desktop. Are you sure you're looking in the right place on your PC?
    02-25-09 10:46 AM
    I called VZW and they walked me through it. You are right elvin, all I needed to do was go through the email setup again and create an account. And yes, I was going to the right place on my PC.

I now have access to BIS via my BB and my PC and I no longer have "Sent from my Verizon Wireless Blackberry" appended to all emails I send.

JD
    02-26-09 09:11 AM
    I'm glad you got it worked out...
    02-26-09 09:16 AM
    I'm glad you got it worked out...
    MW,

I got to say this! You look like Keith Jones. Have you ever followed hockey? He's a former player ended his careeer with the Flyers (he most notably played on a line with Lindros), and is now a broadcaster from them, and for Versus and TSN. You are a dead ringer!

To sorta keep this on topic (is that possible) I actually prefer the from my blackberry message cause it explains my superquick responce, and the typos.

EDIT: Seperated at birth??????

Last edited by pkcable; 02-26-09 at 09:56 AM.
    02-26-09 09:51 AM
    I was so lost, trying to log into sprint blackberry biz to set up the filters for email . . . kept getting pin and Device ESN/MEID errors. Reading your post "If you have e-mail setup on your device, and it's not off of an Enterprise server, then you have BIS" set off the light bulb . . .
    I already have a biz, - - - went in through my phone set up the blackberry address. Now have to rearrange things so I don't get EVERY piece of email from google onto my blackberry.
    Thanks

If you have e-mail setup on your device, and it's not off of an Enterprise server, then you have BIS. When you originally setup your e-mail address on your BB, i would assume that you went thru the e-mail setup app on your BB itself correct? I would go thru that again and try to log in that way. I don't know why it's asking you for your pin, when I log into US Cellular's BIS site (which I believe is a universal template, just carrier specific) it just asks me for my username and password, I've never had to enter my pin, and I can access it from my BB and my desktop. Are you sure you're looking in the right place on your PC?
    04-23-09 02:43 AM
    Where do I find my "Device ESN/MEID?" I need to enter it and I have no idea what it is.
    Thank you!
    Last edited by red888; 05-07-09 at 05:23 PM. Reason: I forgot the "end quote" sign
    05-07-09 05:22 PM
    Under your battery.

On the box that the phone came in.

On the menus on the device under Option > Status.
    05-07-09 05:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD