Hello everyone. I installed Amaze gps on my blackberry 8900. Since the day I have installed it, I am not being able to use it because it says that it can't find gps satellite. The exact words that it tells me are "No position information is being received from your GPS device. The route will be calculated based on last known GPS position". After I press ok, it says "cannot find gps satellites". Can anyone help me out with this? How do I get amaze gps to work? I would greatly appreciate it.
    02-26-09 02:20 AM
    I had this same problem when I installed on my 8320 with an external GPS puck.

I gave up- wasn't worth the frustration. Google maps and BB Maps work just fine.
    02-26-09 06:52 AM
    I believe the gps reciever in the 8900 is a little weak. The combination of gps puck and my 8320 could recieve gps in my house while my 8900 will not. Also I find it takes amaze (and google maps) about a minute to activate the gps reciever in my 8900. In other words, try it outside and be patient.
    02-26-09 07:25 AM
    I also had a similar problem, so I searched amAze's forum a little, and this is what I found:
    You truly have to be outside if you want your GPS to have reception. There are few more settings and permissions that have to be set in order to get amAze working.
    (you can find more details in their BB forum -> Admin corner).
    They have a GPS problem with Verizon users, but they are working on a fixed version, which will probably be released in a matter of days if not today.
    You can ask in their forum to get an email when the new version is ready. Just reply to one of the active Storm topics.
    03-01-09 01:36 AM
    I believe the gps reciever in the 8900 is a little weak. The combination of gps puck and my 8320 could recieve gps in my house while my 8900 will not.
    My guess would be the puck contains a higher gain antenna.
    05-03-09 12:53 AM
    as mentioned before, I use amaze gps all the time but you pretty much have to be outside or in your car to use it. it works great when you're outside.
    05-03-09 05:47 AM
    Also, if you don't have a data plan, make sure you turn assisted GPS off or you'll never get a lock. I don't have data and never got a fix with any GPS sofware when AGPS was turned on. Turned it off and got a lock with MGMaps in about 3 minutes.
    05-03-09 09:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD