Anyone heard about this? It says that BlackBerry phones are under attack from a Trojan. Thoughts?

BlackBerry Phones Hit by Trojan Attack > Mobile Phones > Techtree.com
    04-08-11 07:03 AM
    Theres a lot of BS in that article. They claim to be quoting Trend Mirco on some of the stuff listed, but Trend Micro doesnt have all that listed. BBOS_ZITMO.B | Low Risk | Trend Micro Threat Encyclopedia

removes itself from the list of applications to be able to stay undetected, rather than displaying any graphical user interface (GUI)
    Impossible.

Once it is installed, ZeuS sends a confirmation message "App Installed OK", to the administrator number, which is a U.K. number, to signal that it can now receive commands.
    While it may do this, before anything you'll get a nice dialog asking if you want to grant this application trusted permissions. You might even get 2 dialogs once it attempts to send an SMS.

Oh and they forgot to mention the most important part. THE USER HAS TO INSTALL IT. There is no way for this to get on your device without you knowing, you have to install it as part of a download, its not just going to appear on your device out of no where.
    04-08-11 07:16 AM
    It does actually list most of what is in the article in the Trend Micro blog entry.

http://blog.trendmicro.com/zeus-targets-mobile-users/

I find it interesting, though, that they don't actually mention where this trojan comes from or how it is spread. If it's been detected "in the wild", you'd think they could figure who installed what?
    04-08-11 08:41 AM
    It does actually list most of what is in the article in the Trend Micro blog entry.

ZeuS Targets Mobile Users | Malware Blog | Trend Micro

I find it interesting, though, that they don't actually mention where this trojan comes from or how it is spread. If it's been detected "in the wild", you'd think they could figure who installed what?
    Ahh thanks, I didnt see that page before. That unfortunate though that a legitimate company such as Trend Micro would post something like that without giving the full story.

I'd actually like to get my hands on this "trojan" so I can load it on my device and show people the real story...
    04-08-11 09:03 AM
    I'd actually like to get my hands on this "trojan" so I can load it on my device and show people the real story...
    I think it's funny that the point of the article is to warn against the trojan, and you want it, and can't even get it! How dangerous can it be?!?
    04-08-11 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD