Well im really lost rite now my boyfriend has a 700p treo and i love it. So I want to get one for myself or the next one up but i was told from a friend not to get a treo. He told me that verizon is getting the the blackberry thunder. He gave me a link and i read up on it and i like it and i also like the bold. My boyfriend told me blackberry cant even touch the treo so now i dont no what i want can somebody help me? I came here because this is what yall do is break things down so ppl like me can get some kind of clue rite?
    08-07-08 11:21 AM
    Well, the Bold and Thunder aren't out yet (but there are a few CB members who have the Bold), so no one can compare those to any Treo. But there are many people here who have gone from Treo to BB - and won't go back to Treo.

Historically, Treos aren't as stable as BBs.
    08-07-08 11:39 AM
    I went from a Treo 755p to a BB Curve and I absolutely love it. I haven't really found anything that my Treo could do that my BB couldn't do. I haven't had to reset my BB because of software issues yet, while I was resetting my Treo every day. Palm is essentially discontinuing all of their Palm OS based Treos in favor of the Centro. I personally find the Centro to be garbage with the awful keyboard and cheap-looking (and feeling) design.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-08 07:48 PM
    Treo's are decent phones. But they are no blackberry

I think your boyfriend is a Palm fanboy
    08-07-08 07:55 PM
    you're comparing a 2 year old phone with 2 phones that havent even been released in north america at this point. so asking people for their opinion is kinda moot as no one here has any consumer experience with the two blackberrys in question.

add to that, the Thunder/Storm is being released initially as a CDMA device, so unless you're on a CDMA carrier or are willing to switch, it's useless to you.

once they're all released, you should go and take advantage of their return policies and try them out for a couple of weeks to see which one works best for you... especially when you're going to get nothing but biased opinions from a blackberry fansite.
    08-07-08 08:58 PM
    I went through two Treos and finally have a BB Curve. I'm never going back. The BB is much more stable and the form factor is far superior.
    Get a Blackberry!
    08-09-08 05:39 AM
    Being that full production BOLDs or Thunders are out, comparisons from experience can't really be made, but from literature, the BOLD is great and if you don't mind all touch (a lot of members stay away from), then go with the Thunder.

One thing that has yet to be determined, but more than likely will not be implemented is threaded sms the way the iPhone or Treo do it.

Stability wise, until Treo changes their OS (new one rumored to come by next year) completely, it won't be on RIM's level on the Blackberries.

The biggest questions is what do you need in a smartphone?

Push Email - Blackberry
    SMS App - Treo
    Camera - Blackberry (not the best, but better than most U.S. based smartphones)

The list goes on... so list a couple of things it will be used for and we can then make a better decision.
    08-09-08 09:29 AM
    I live online so the phone has to big very fast. I have to be able to email pics and get them with out problems and my files to. It also has to be able to do aim,yahoo, etc. i love alot of the programs the treo has but i should be able to get alot of them for the bb. i do understand that 2 of the phones i listed are not out yet but for now i can do it by specs till more info comes out for these other pda i should say. I dont which is comming to verizon but thats the one i will be looking at not for nothing im pretty happy with verizon.
    08-10-08 07:55 AM
    I used to have a Treo 600. It was crap, but I loved it. Proof that they don't make them like they used to: got a Treo 750 - top of the line etc. and thought, if this is how they're making the new stuff, screw this! Sold it, went Blackberry and am never going back. I cringe every time I have to use anything Treo 7xx nowa days.
    08-10-08 08:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD