I'll be travelling to Europe this summer. I currently have a prepaid sim that I keep active.

- It supports pay per use data and I have used this many times with winmobile phones
    - The carrier supports BIS on month-to-month plans but not prepaid

My question is:
    1) My BB is unlocked, using BIS. If I put in the prepaid SIM, will I be able to connect to BIS on the foreign carrier?

2) If I test this now while on my regular network by roaming on the prepaid sim at home, will it be a valid test?

Thanks!
    -Chris

P.S. I swear I tried searching first and went through 50+ threads but couldn't really find anything that addressed this..
    04-19-10 03:52 PM
    Bump! this is exactly what i have been looking for for the past hour or so!

Anyone!?
    08-03-10 07:02 PM
    I tried the test I posted about in #2 and it didn't work. BIS would not connect.
    08-03-10 07:12 PM
    You need a BIS plan to use BIS applications like native email, browser and third party apps with data routed through BIS. Only applications like opera, bold and viigo - if you change network to direct tcp, will work. There's a gmail application that works without a BIS connection :0
    08-03-10 07:24 PM
    I agree with you, native email will not work since you have no BIS to sync to the particular BB and SIM card. However, if im looking to use the GMAIL app for mail... it would work. I have no doubt about that one.

However, will my BBM work? wont this conection be the same as me using wifi with my other carriers (BIS enabled SIM) inserted in the phone?

thanks for the help!
    08-03-10 08:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD