I am going to be taking a trip overseas in August to Spain, France, Monaco, Italy, Greece and Turkey and am wondering what options/recommendations others have for getting a prepaid vocie SIM for calling back to the states. I have an unlocked 8700c that I would like to use for this. We have an office in the UK, so I do have access to folks over there to help with shipping or logisitics if needed to procure a SIM.

I also have the option to use my VZW 8830 with Vodafone SIM, but all calls look like they will be $1.29 a minute. Since I will be over there for a few weeks, I figure I can probably do better than that, no?
    06-28-07 11:56 PM
    When I went to London a month ago I just used my T-Mobile SIM and calls were $0.99/min.

Didn't make that many calls home, and was only there for 5 days.

I'd suggest looking at some of the websites for the foreign carriers and see if they list what their rates are to call the US.
    06-29-07 11:32 AM
    I think its much or a muchness. You'll get ripped off either way. Get your international unlimited data tariff atleast. Make calls from a landline!
    06-29-07 06:36 PM
    I think its much or a muchness. You'll get ripped off either way. Get your international unlimited data tariff atleast. Make calls from a landline!
    I think you are right. I am gonna just stick with with the unlimited international AT&T and VZW/Vodafone SIM's and try and use more IM and email.

How does JiveTalk work on those European network's? One BB will be BIS and one is on a BES. WIll I have connection issues?
    06-29-07 06:44 PM
    Nope JiveTalk works fine, although i dont use it, but i know its works.

So thats a great option.
    06-29-07 06:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD