I just downloaded trapster OTA and I signed up and everything and when it started it couldn't find my location. I have VZ navigator disabled but google maps can still locate my position so I dunno what to do about this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-09 01:03 AM
    Do you have your GPS services function switched from "E911 Only" to "Location On"? I never got Trapster to work until I did this. I would open up Trapster and the location would open up 4 states over!! I would try to keep swiping until it showed my state. I don't know if this is the situation with your settings, buy when I finally switched my GPS settings I was so happy that it finally found my location
    My issue now is that I can't seem to get it to work effectively. Either it alerts at the wrong times, or too late, I just don't seem to be able to make good use of the app. I've been playing with the settings, but I wish I knew some good settings for Trapster to use if effectively.
    Last edited by vllssv; 02-28-09 at 12:19 PM.
    02-28-09 12:13 PM
    works great for me, also double check GPS settings for the program in the permissions. Might not have allowed it access to the location information.

as to efftiveness, I barely had to make any tweaks to get it to work for me, but its kind of preferential to the user.
    02-28-09 02:59 PM
    Try this

Load Trapser
    Hit BB button --> Settings --> GPS Setup
    Make sure the settings are as follows:
    GPS Enabled (Checked)
    Select GPS: Auto/Internal
    Allow Assited GPS: Default
    02-28-09 04:46 PM
    I've done everything to set it up like you guys have suggested, but no matter what it just says "searching for location..." and never pinpoints where I am. Kinda frustrating because I was looking forward to making good use of this app
    02-28-09 05:43 PM
    yea, i love this app, first thing i turn on when i get in my car.

try reinstalling and all that jazz?
    02-28-09 08:45 PM
    im going to go install it now, i never bothered to because with my 8830 World, i installed it and it never worked, always searching for location. im going to go install on storm and follow your directions
    02-28-09 08:52 PM
    I know it tells you that police often hide here but will it say if there is a cop there for sure? No need to slow down if they aint really there right?

02-28-09 11:19 PM
    no not unless someone has seen a cop there and marked him. youc an set a mark for a live cop and it will stay there for 1 hour.
    03-01-09 12:45 AM
    Damn I was hoping that was possible? Is it actually possible without buying a radar?

03-02-09 02:53 PM
    Where can one find the Trapster app? And what exactly does it do ? I'm kind of confused at this point...
    03-02-09 03:15 PM
    Where can one find the Trapster app? And what exactly does it do ? I'm kind of confused at this point...
    google trapster and you shall find it first on the list. It is a program that enables GPS for location, and alerts the user to potential police hiding, other alerts based upon user input. Users input the info into the program and others become aware of the speed traps etc.

It is somewhat helpful, but it is DEF. not a radar detector, and only is helpful for potential hiding spots.
    03-05-09 03:47 PM
    Is a free radar app possible for the storm?

03-05-09 08:40 PM
    Trapster works fine for me. But it might be because I have VZ Navigator.

Today when I drove to work, I had Trapster on. It showed there was a police enforcement point at the street corner where I had seen police speed traps numerous times. So the information is quite accurate.

My only complaint is that it does not allow me to zoom in more. When I clicked the + sign to zoom in, it will zoom back out automatically.

Other than that, it is a great application that every Storm owner should have.
    03-05-09 09:34 PM
    Trapster works fine for me. But it might be because I have VZ Navigator.

Today when I drove to work, I had Trapster on. It showed there was a police enforcement point at the street corner where I had seen police speed traps numerous times. So the information is quite accurate.

My only complaint is that it does not allow me to zoom in more. When I clicked the + sign to zoom in, it will zoom back out automatically.

Other than that, it is a great application that every Storm owner should have.
    Use the volume up/down control on the side to zoom in/out. It's much easier...
    03-19-09 05:51 PM
    What do you guys think of this app? I just downloaded it but havent tried ti yet. Is it worth it?
    03-19-09 08:22 PM
    I too cant get it to locate me.
    03-19-09 09:22 PM
    Use the volume up/down control on the side to zoom in/out. It's much easier...
    Thanks for the tips. I will try it next time.

What do you guys think of this app? I just downloaded it but havent tried ti yet. Is it worth it?
    This app is good only if people are updating the information. I have found that the information on speed traps are a little dated. But it has much better map as compared to other free apps (excluding Google Map of course). It seems that they are using Microsoft Map instead of BB Map (BB Map is very primitive and I don't understand why other free apps have to use BB Map). Yes, it's worth it. It is an app that you should keep.
    03-19-09 09:25 PM
    If the info is dated and maps arent as good as google maps what is it good for?
    03-19-09 10:24 PM
    If the info is dated and maps arent as good as google maps what is it good for?
    Guess it all depends on where you live.

In my area, its right on with all the speed traps/red light cams, etc.

But I already know where they are around me, so I just hope when I travel its just as good.
    03-21-09 08:47 PM
    Go outside or in your car... doesn't work well inside.
    04-04-09 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD