I just installed a 8GB memory card into my BB Curve 8330. I downloaded Epocrates, a drug reference program, before I installed the new memory card. I also installed Taber's Medical Dictionary after I installed the new memory car. Shouldn't I be making sure that this stuff is on the memory card, instead of the BB's system memory? How do I do that?
    Thank you, help is greatly appreciated.
    04-08-09 02:48 PM
    If I recall correctly, both of those named features are actually applications, and apps can only be executed via device memory.

You can store an app on media card via a program called Aerize, but you would have to put it into your computer and install it on your device to use it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 03:11 PM
    Epocrates, when I turned it back on, actually asked me if I wanted to move it to the memory card, to free up system memory and gave me the option. Tabers downloaded ok, and I can open it and use it ok. I just don't know if it went to the memory card or not.
    04-08-09 03:15 PM
    Ok, I thought I'd read a couple of months back that Epocrates was causing memory problems, which would lead me to believe it was an app.

To find out about Taber's, if you go to Options>Advanced Options>Applications, a list of apps showing Tabers would be listed in your apps list. If not, it should be in your card afaik.

04-08-09 03:22 PM
    The executable portion of an app ALWAYS lives on the BB memory. Some apps can take advantage of your SD card to store data but nothing on the SD card can "run." This is a security feature. That way you physicall have to install an application and can't put pushed onto your sd card (for instance when you are connected to your PC using mass storage device). You can put the installers on your SD card and when you aren't using an app a lot, uninstall them and reinstall when you do.

04-08-09 04:41 PM
    Thank you both very much, I am much more clear on the whole thing now.
    04-09-09 12:07 PM
    epocrates is a great guide and I used to use it religiously! But the update always messed up my phone and caused app errors, even if I set it to late night. And since I used my bbsmart alarms to wake up for work, well... lets just say I was late for work a few times which then warranted me to delete the darn thing from my phone

Plus, even though its a great guide, it takes up entirely way too much memory on any curve phone or prior... Maybe it works better on an 8900, I don't know.
    04-09-09 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD