I'm having problems with something I thought would be easy but maybe I'm just being stupid. If I'm sent an email with a text attachment, can I transfer this attachment to my laptop/desktop via either cable or Bluetooth? I can read the attachment on my Blackberry (Curve 8310) fine but I can't apparently move it to my computer using Media Manager. Is there any other way of doing this?

Many thanks

Max
    09-02-08 06:26 AM
    Check the latest front page post. This may help answer your question. The example uses a Mac, I am not sure if it applies to Windows or not, but it may give you some ideas to try.

Transferring Files via Bluetooth Between BlackBerry and Mac | CrackBerry.com
    Last edited by Patrickwc; 09-02-08 at 10:52 AM.
    09-02-08 10:47 AM
    If the OP is using a Mac, then that is the best guide around... by far!

If on a PC... it should be something similar, but I honestly do not know how it would work
    09-02-08 10:54 AM
    Thaks very much guys for this. The trouble is I only ever work on PCs (some of which don't have Bluetooth) so I want to be able to do this via a cable.

Regards - Max
    09-08-08 12:54 PM
    All my emails with attachments normally come through Outlook on my PC as well as arrive on my BlackBerry, so I just attachments from Outlook. You could email the message with the attachment that you wish to save to your PC email account and save it from there.
    09-08-08 01:20 PM
    Thanks very much for that suggestion, Jeff. The thing is that because I sometimes work on different PCs at different locations -- and it's not always possible / politic for me to download my emails there -- I want to be able to use my Blackberry in the same way that I can use (for example) my camera. That is to say, hook it up to the computer via a cable; the computer recognises the device as a simple external storage device; and I can then transfer files across from the device to the computer. I used to be able to do this with my o2 old Xda Mini, for instance, so I thought that I'd be able to do it with a new Blackberry equally easily. I'm learning, though, that I can't. Having just acquired my Curve, I'm very reluctant to go out and get a new device but this inability to transfer document files is proving a real pain. If I have to go out buy some application that will let me do this, then maybe that's what I'll have to do (I'd be very grateful for any recommendations) but it won't make me love my B more if I have to do that.

Thanks again for the suggestion, thopugh.

Regards

Max
    09-09-08 08:43 AM
    OS4.5 includes Docs-to-Go, which will let you save attachments to your microSD card. Then you can use Mass Storage Mode to copy then to a PC, using the USB Cable. It looks like it's available for the 8310 OS now, according to the sticky. I don't usually recommend people upgrade their OS until they've gotten comfortable with it. When you're ready to do that, the CrackBerry Memory Optimization Procedure will guide you through finding and downloading the OS. The Upgrade / Downgrade Procedure will guide you through the upgrade. The procedures are not difficult, but they're not trivial either.

The MOP is especially important because it will help you free up memory, in addition to helping you get the current OS.
    09-09-08 08:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";