I write, a lot, and I'm trying figure out how to transfer my stories from my BB to word on my laptop. When I go to "open" in word, and open the computer option, no connection to the usb is seen. How do I get my stuff in there? Thanks!
    01-30-09 06:28 PM
    Use Mass Storage Mode to move files from your 8830 Media Card to your PC. Here's how:
    Options / Media Card
    Media Card Support: On
    Encryption Mode: your choice
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Prompt

Plug the BlackBerry into a USB port, answer Yes to the prompt, and the BlackBerry Media card will show up as a disk drive in My Computer. Then you can drag and drop.
    01-30-09 07:07 PM
    I have a media card is not presently inserted in the device. Thats why I cannot download music and pictures to it? So I guess I should buy one? Is that the same as a SD chip? I got my 8830 from a new job, I thinking it did not come with a media card. where do I buy one?

Thank You JeffH!!!!!
    01-30-09 07:53 PM
    A Media Card is the same thing as a microSD chip. It's smaller than both an SD and miniSD chip. And yes, Mass Storage Mode requires one. If you are using OS4.2.2.196 or higher on your 8830, you can use up to an 8GB card. Options / About 3rd line will tell you your OS version. You can buy microSD cards at Best Buy and the CrackBerry Store, as well as from online electronics stores. Shop around for the best price. The microSD Cards thread that's linked in my sig is a good source of information.
    01-30-09 08:12 PM
    I have a media card is not presently inserted in the device. Thats why I cannot download music and pictures to it? So I guess I should buy one? Is that the same as a SD chip? I got my 8830 from a new job, I thinking it did not come with a media card. where do I buy one?

Thank You JeffH!!!!!
    Another good reason to have a media card is so that your device memory doesn't start to get too full of media such as pictures. Once your phone has too much media stored on the device memory, the phone on its own begins to start deleting what it's programmed to think is "priority." In other words, when your phone detects that it's about to run out of memory, it determines that your call logs and messages are the least priority, therefore will delete all of that on its own. If it got really bad, it would start deleting pics/music. Although I've never seen anyone on here have it that bad.
    01-30-09 08:20 PM
    JeffH,

it says...v4.2.2.196

@ poe1983-Thanks!
    01-30-09 08:28 PM
    Your link in your sig says 4.2.2 up to 4g and 4.3 is 8.

so Im 4g!!!!

What help you guys are!!!!!

Crackberry sells a 4g sdhc, is that the same as sd? what is the hc for?
    Last edited by rickjames; 01-30-09 at 08:40 PM. Reason: add comment on sd chip
    01-30-09 08:36 PM
    -HC refers to High Capacity. Pete's note explains that better than I can. But 4.2.2.196 can support up to 8GB. Verizon has a release note that documents that.
    01-30-09 08:54 PM
    So I'm 8GB...all the better! Thanks again Jeff and Pete. Fantastic information, I'm glad my friend told me of this site!

W
    01-30-09 11:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD