Hello.

I know this topic has been discussed before, but all the threads I find are syncing from Outlook to the phone, but not vice versa.

I have a friend who has a Q10 she uses for work. She has local contacts on her phone that she wants sync'd to her MS Outlook account.

1) Is the only way to transfer the contacts via Link, or is there a different method without Link that she can use?
    2) Is 2-way wireless transfer supported, or can it only be done via Link and via USB?

I'm new to Outlook and I am trying desperately to help her.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

She is on the Rogers Network on the latest OS.
    09-08-14 10:59 AM
    Hi quik4life,
    Sync with Link works two ways or one way (comp->phone or phone->comp). I believe USB is mandatory.

You should find the most basic answers and illustrations here : How to setup Contacts & Calendar sync using BlackBerry Link 1.1.1 for Windows | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

I've heard about third party software that can achieve that, but none I've tried.

Hope it helps, add questions if you need more !!!
    Cheers
    SF
    09-08-14 11:13 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I found the "Copy To" option in the Contacts App. Then I just selected the Outlook email account, and it sync'd perfectly. No need for Link. It is a bit tedious to go one by one. You can select a bunch of contacts at once, but after some more research I found it freezes from time to time.

Nevertheless, problems solved. Thanks again.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-08-14 04:53 PM
    Sorry, I should have read better. I read "Outlook" aka the mail client, when obviously you were referring to "Outlook.com", the hosted email service. My bad.
    09-09-14 09:53 AM
    I'm having this problem too. I can't say when it started, since I haven't been paying much attention to my Contacts. But I noticed I have some on the phone that don't appear in outlook.com. It's a bit annoying that the Contacts app doesn't display whether contacts are local or from a sync account. But one way to check is to turn off displaying the outlook.com account on the BlackBerry and see what's left.

Anyway, if there's a local contact there that I want on the outlook.com account as well, the "copy to" command should work, and sometimes it does. But sometimes it doesn't. That is, I have contacts that simply refuse to appear in outlook.com when I do that. I have no clue why.
    09-16-14 09:22 AM