So I know that I am new to all of this but I have reached a bridge that I can't seem to cross.

I installed the Desktop manager V5 to load my email contacts from Outlook to my Curve. I loaded them from the computer to the phone without any problems. I fixed all the entries in the phone, after five hours of deleting duplicate (tom, jones;jones, tom) entries.

Now I went into my Outlook contact list and deleted the entire list to start fresh. I hooked up the phone and set it as the primary device and also tried to tell me of any configuration issues, both times i go this same response. It wants to add the 281 contacts to Outlook, which is good; the problem is that it wants to REMOVE 61 entries in my phone which do not contain email addresses.....WTF I do not want to lose those 61 contacts, and certainly do not even know if will show me which ones it deleted, after it deletes them.

Please send HELP !!
    08-23-09 12:09 AM
    I don't know the answer to your question but I believe if you ask for DETAILS the sync process will show what it will do. So it should show "who" it plans on deleting.
    08-23-09 10:51 AM
    It does but its 61 of them and I have no way to record this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 11:30 AM
    FiXed !!! -- What I learned was that in the Desktop manager you have to "reset the configuration" under the synchronization tab. Then you can set your desktop software to treat either your computer or phone as the "MAIN" device.

For me it was the phone because i adjusted everything on it, but now i know how easy it is.
    08-23-09 09:57 PM
    If you have a gmail account, you can download and install their sync app for blackberries: m.google.com/sync

After wards, you can maintain all your contacts in gmail and then sync them with your BB, along with any future changes, additions, or updates.

Much quicker, and easier than other methods.
    08-31-09 06:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD