I haven't been a Blackberry (Crackberry) user since September of 2008. In that time, I went over to the dark side and became a iPhone user (I know I know...).

During that time, I have realized the number of things that I missed with my blackberry. I had the Curve (8330) at the time and since I was a Bell customer, I decided to go to Rogers to get the Bold. Since the Bold didn't come out and I wanted a new phone, I went with the iPhone 3G instead. Not the worst mistake I have made, but one I wish I didn't make. Blackberry Messenger was one of them.

Now I'm looking to get a Blackberry and move on from the iPhone. What I'm asking my former (and soon to be current) brothers and sisters at the CrackBerry Forums to do is help me find the best Berry for me. Should I wait till a new one comes to Canada (and when would that be?) or should I go ahead and get the Bold. The Bold is almost a year old and I don't want to commit to a device that will be obsolete in a couple of months. I do not want the Storm because I'm done with touch screens. So what do you all think?

I have a few questions however:

1. One thing I did like about the iPhone was the podcasting. I don't really want to miss out on such great podcasts such as NBA Today, Basketball Jones, or the Lost Podcast. Can Blackberrys play podcasts and if so, is it as easy as updating them or is it a long process to download each one?

2. Since I haven't really been paying attention to the Blackberry world for the past few months, I don't know what the deal is with apps. As most of you know, Apple has the App Store. Does Blackberry finally have it's own version of this or do I have to go to to a bunch of different websites just to get a certain application?

3. Does the Blackberry Bold have an application for turn-by-turn directions that is free? The iPhone will be getting an update that includes this. It's not a huge deal to me, but it would be nice if it did.

4. Since I'm a student, I don't have a ton of money but I remember my Curve had Docs to Go. Does the Bold or any other Blackberry come with all three of those Docs programs for free or do I have to pay for it?

Thanks everyone. I look forward to coming back on this website and talking more about Blackberry. The sooner the better!
    05-22-09 05:02 PM
    05-22-09 05:12 PM
    AG saves the day once again.
    05-22-09 05:23 PM
    Well, ?

I wouldn't worry too much about the Bold being a year old, many carriers still don't have anything this 'advanced' yet.

The Curve is 2 years old and was the top seller the first quarter of this year, not bad for an 'antique', is it? Especially against the whiz-bang iPhone.

Docs to go is included, no app cost.

Re:2

App world is available, but most of the things there are already in the CrackBerry App Store anyway, so why clutter up your BB with it.

PodTrapper- I don't use it, but pulled that information from our search, just as a possibility for your podcasting enjoyment.

I hope these links from AG and what I've posted will assist you in making a decision. As to waiting for the latest BB to come to Canada, we've been watching folks down in the States drool over possible releases for 6 months already. My question, do you LIKE depriving yourself?

If you have any doubt, pull out a Loonie, pick a side, flip, read result.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 05-22-09 at 06:29 PM.
    05-22-09 05:27 PM
    I use Telenav, it gives you voice and display turn by turn and much more but it's $9.99. I think it's worth it, I use it a lot.
    05-22-09 06:11 PM
    Get the Bold now, you won't regret it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 06:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD