I have looked many times at iOS and Droid apps that had something half decent to offer for my work. I'm a Journeyman welder, Degree in Welding Engineering Technology, Level II Welding Inspector.

Working on an oil sands site, one of the things I deal with daily is Bolt/Stud torques. One of our millwrights on site showed this to me and I simply had to put it on my Z30. Its Called Bolt It. Available on Google Play. To get it, you need to purchase it on Google, then use SNAP to search for it on your device and DL it. Cannot do it directly.

It's a simple app and helps make my life easier.

What I would like to know if any of the other trades/engineering guys here have found other trades related apps that they find useful. Welding, Millwright, Carpenter, Machinist etc.????

Mechanical / Welding / Civil Engineers. Any ASME/API / CSA Stuff..??????

Maybe we can get the mods to make a sub forum for this..??

Cheers,

Stk
    03-24-15 08:28 PM
    Interesting field I hope you get apps for it (y)

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 03:21 AM
    Engineer here. I use Converty you might find it useful. It's in blackberry world

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 10:38 PM
    I use Cobalt's Google play store download it works great you can make in app purchases.

Google Play Store for Blackberry 10 (supports buying and downloading)

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=985344

Loving my Passport!
    logger4942 likes this.
    03-25-15 11:18 PM
    RPN calculator from Amazon. As for trade-specific apps, I haven't found anything good. I downloaded Force Effects (a stress analysis app) from Amazon, but haven't used it. I'm old school, when I need to calculate something, I go back to first principles, a good calculator and maybe a spreadsheet. All technical tables can be found online, and you can save website bookmarks to your home screen. With icons, they look just like apps.

I've also used the native Metal Detector app as a stud-finder for steel studs.

I would love to find an NFC time-keeping app that can be activated by smart tags. Does anyone have suggestions?

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    03-26-15 06:25 PM
    I've used the Chrome Express app on google play to order tools from Snap On, its a pretty good app! Only problem is they don't have a catalogue on it, you have to know the part number you want to order the tool, no searching or browsing for it

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-26-15 06:39 PM