My torch 9800 was stolen two months back nd i had the BBM Pin and IMEI with me with bill...
    So i did a smart thing by sending a friend request on my old BBM Pin from my new BB device and the guy using my BBM Pin accepted my friend request...
    Is there any way my old BBM Pin to be reassigned to any one else..?
    I also reported to the police but they haven't found the device using IMEI number..
    Is there any way of flashing a BB device IMEI and keeping the old BBM Pin..?
    02-04-12 01:53 PM
    Nope BBM pin are not transferable & locked to that phone. If the guy accepted you as a friend & you have a police report of your stolen item then have them met you some where & have the police take hold of your stolen property.
    02-04-12 02:38 PM
    The phone could also be anywhere in the world, which may explain why you cannot find the imei on your local system.
    02-04-12 02:42 PM
    If you had Blackberry Protect installed on there you could go onto the website and set a protected password to your phone through the site in case the guy does worse to your phone. It could track where your phone is, I believe too. That could come in handy for the Police.
    02-04-12 03:14 PM
    This is a bit vague but I was speaking to a Blackberry rep about 2 weeks ago and he showed me a wikitude style of app that would pick out of other people with BBM, Im sure he mentioned the fact that it would also show you where your mates were. It was all part of the big BBM connected thing they are pushing with apps.

No doubt there'll be privacy settings that one might have to accept before being able to be found on the service and it might well be like finding a needle in a haystack . .
    02-04-12 03:37 PM
    how can i track my pin if some one is using it
    05-30-13 07:05 AM
    If you had BlackBerry Protect active on the stolen phone, then you should be able to use a PC and go to the BlackBerry Website, login to BlackBerry Protect and either track the phone, block, wipe it, send a message to it. If that fails, you have already befriended the thief. Try and get to know him/her a little more, who they are, location etc etc.

Good luck.

Craig Ashcroft, BlackBerry Elites UK, Z10
    05-30-13 07:28 AM
    Yes I would lyt to test n see if my phone can be traced
    06-21-13 11:46 AM
    Hey i was robbed a couple of months ago and they took m contract phone is it possible for me to track the phone without hinting to the person that is using it that it actually belongs to me ..... I am still paying the phone every month .... can it be tracked with the bbm pin or imei num ??????????
    06-26-13 09:03 AM
    is it even possible to track it with the bbm pin or imei num ?
    06-26-13 09:04 AM
    My torch 9800 was stolen two months back nd i had the BBM Pin and IMEI with me with bill...
    So i did a smart thing by sending a friend request on my old BBM Pin from my new BB device and the guy using my BBM Pin accepted my friend request...
    I also reported to the police but they haven't found the device using IMEI number..
    07-01-13 05:41 PM
    Hey how can I track my old bbm pin with my new Blackberry.
    07-01-13 05:43 PM
    T he best part is that ur phone was on contract. Do not cansel ur contract yet as it will renew your internet service automaticaly. Now its the time you can login into bb protect account and track it down. You will even get the number that is using ur phone also report the case to police so that when you find it, there wont be a problem. Good luck n sorry for my spelling errors.
    Jaseven
    07-23-13 09:10 AM
    Hey how can I track my old bbm pin with my new Blackberry.
    12-13-13 11:22 PM
    08-19-14 04:39 AM
    08-19-14 04:42 AM
    Well after 8 months your 2 posts mean nothing to many. Are you asking a question? If your phone was lost or stolen, contact your carrier and look on eBay for a replacement.
    08-19-14 09:59 AM
    There, there Lauren. :-))

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 05:59 PM
    If you need to track a lost BlackBerry using your PC/Laptop or your new device.

Set the browser on your device to Desktop Mode and go to www.blackberry.com/protect then sign in and select track.

I have do this with my own Legacy and BB10 devices, when tracking the devices whereabouts , the device runs as normal and nothing appears on screen.

So yes, you can track your lost or stolen device, without the person(s) knowing it's being tracked.

If in doubt use a PC and track the device your using.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Craigash; 02-03-15 at 06:05 AM.
    08-21-14 11:51 AM
    2b9bdc98 pin

01-28-15 07:49 AM
    02-17-15 04:30 AM
    02-17-15 04:34 AM
    Someone stole a torch. This BDSM hysteria is really picking up.

Edit: just realized this thread was a zombie.
    Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 05:17 AM
    my Z3 DTJ 100-1 black was stolen two weeks back nd i had the BBM Pin and IMEI with me with bill...
    So I blacklisted me phone and took the matter to the police but no response,please help
    02-23-15 12:15 PM
    If you had BlackBerry Protect atcivee on the stolen phone, then you should be able to use a PC and go to the BlackBerry Website, login to BlackBerry Protect and either track the phone, block, wipe it, send a message to it. If that fails, you have already befriended the thief. Try and get to know him/her a little more, who they are, location etc etc.

Good luck.

Craig Ashcroft, BlackBerry Elites UK, Z10
    01-08-16 04:03 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD