hey i got a question,
    so its obvious that when you have your bb in ur pocket, dust gets in your trackball and makes it all messed up, so i told my friend to get a new trackball because his started to wear off and not work properly...he received the trackball and popped it in the curve and it had the same problem. it didnt scroll properly, i thought it was a defect so i popped my trackball in it and it still didnt scroll properly but it works perfectly fine on mine...could it be that the dust affects also whats beyond the trackball? and what do you suggest my friend to do to fix this??
    thankss
    01-07-09 05:25 PM
    What doesn't scroll properly about it? Delay? Sensitivity?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 05:36 PM
    I had this problem once and figured out that it was the plastic silver ring that pops in over your trackball. Try swapping that out and see if that works..
    01-07-09 05:46 PM
    The plastic ring doesn't even touch any part of the trackball. It just holds the trackball assembly in the phone.

01-07-09 06:09 PM
    The plastic ring doesn't even touch any part of the trackball. It just holds the trackball assembly in the phone.
    Trust me guy, it was an issue on mine and its worth a shot. I had a similar problem about 3 months ago. I got a replacement through TEP and the trackball on it kept hanging up really bad so it took it apart and noticed that one of the prongs on the ring was slightly bent. I then swapped the ring with the one in my other Curve and the trackball worked perfectly after that.

I'm not saying that's definitely 100% the case here. I'm just saying that this worked for me when the brand new trackball on my replacement didn't function correctly.

Oh BTW.....if the prongs on the ring are bent or broken, then the trackball housing will jiggle around in there slightly causing your trackball to hang up.
    Last edited by 1 2 MaNy; 01-07-09 at 06:43 PM.
    01-07-09 06:39 PM
    What doesn't scroll properly about it? Delay? Sensitivity?

sometimes he cant scroll up and down..
    and theres big delays when scrolling sometimes

the scrolling feels fine as its a new trackball, but even when hes scrolling up, it doesnt go up :S
    01-07-09 08:29 PM
    I had this problem once and figured out that it was the plastic silver ring that pops in over your trackball. Try swapping that out and see if that works..
    ill tell him to try that and see what happens
    01-07-09 08:30 PM
    Trust me guy, it was an issue on mine and its worth a shot. I had a similar problem about 3 months ago. I got a replacement through TEP and the trackball on it kept hanging up really bad so it took it apart and noticed that one of the prongs on the ring was slightly bent. I then swapped the ring with the one in my other Curve and the trackball worked perfectly after that.

I'm not saying that's definitely 100% the case here. I'm just saying that this worked for me when the brand new trackball on my replacement didn't function correctly.

Oh BTW.....if the prongs on the ring are bent or broken, then the trackball housing will jiggle around in there slightly causing your trackball to hang up.

i agree.... happened to my 8320....
    01-07-09 08:31 PM
    I just had a problem with my VZW 8330, it wouldn't scroll up, only down and across, popped the ring off the trackball and inspected the trackball , rubbed it around on my jeans, blew it out and put it back in the 8330, I see that the ring only has clips on 3 sides, had to guess which way it went back in as I didn't notice when it came apart, the blank side goes towards the screen, everything works fine now.
    Last edited by edwrdm; 01-08-09 at 08:58 AM. Reason: VZW 8330 won't scroll down
    01-08-09 08:55 AM
    how do u change the color of the trackball
    01-09-09 02:07 PM
    with a marker, your choice of colors are wide open!!

i keed, i keed. i have no idea!! this is actually my first post here on crackberry!! woo-hoo!!
    01-09-09 02:21 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry. Your question is a little off-topic, but if you type your question in the search box found HERE, I'm sure you'll get 100 answers to your question.
    01-09-09 02:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD