I have briefly browsed looking for an answer to this question but I have yet to find anything definitive.

Is the trackball on the 8130 and the 8830 different from each other? I currently have the 8130. A friend of mine has the 8830 and her trackball seems to be much smoother, it also has a "snappier" click. My pearl's clicking seems to have a mushy feel. This trackball issue just seems to be annoying me.

I am still within the 30 days verizon offers, its pretty annoying so I may go back and get the 8830. Tell me what you guys think.
    11-26-07 08:20 AM
    If you do switch to the 8830, keep in mind that verizon has disabled MMS funcationality on that unit because theres no camera. Can't even receive an MMS, they make you go to thier vzpix site to retrieve it.
    11-26-07 08:36 AM
    I have an 8310, and my wife has an 8310 (red), and my trackball is much smoother than hers - took it in to AT&T and asked what was up, basically the only answer they could give is "no idea, but we can't replace it, even within the 30 days - sorry, gtfo noob"

so - ordering a new trackball off of cingulardr.com and calling it a day
    11-27-07 01:57 AM
    swich to TMO there nicer and smarter when it come to issues like that

edit: o ya the trackball has moving parts maybe he ate a greasey cheasburger and then tuched his trackball hints oiling it making it smother
    Last edited by tomdick; 11-27-07 at 09:41 AM.
    11-27-07 09:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD