Hi. I have the Pink Pearl, and I just noticed that the light on the trackball flickered, went out, and now only intermittantly (seldomly) goes on. I have only had the pearl for a couple of months, and honestly, I can't remember if the light is supposed to stay on all the time. I didn't like the "flickering and going out" part. That makes me think something is wrong with it.
    What do you guys think? Does that light ever burn out? I kind of liked the cute way it lit up.
    10-03-08 08:06 AM
    The trackball should go off when the backlight on the screen goes off. I've never heard of the light burning out, but its possible the leds may have burned out or something is wrong. You might want to check with your carrier to get a replacement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-08 08:58 AM
    Three words: Take it back.
    10-03-08 08:59 AM
    One word: Warranty
    10-03-08 09:53 AM
    Although it is impossible for LEDs to burn out, it may be a connection error

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-08 10:09 AM
    Send it back to 'em...still under warranty. Hope you didn't get a refurb unit.
    10-03-08 10:16 AM
    take it to a store and talk nice they may give you a new one
    10-03-08 10:26 AM
    Do you have your phone set to automatically dim the backlight? Options - Screen/Keyboard. Mine does the same thing with the trackball when I go from an area with little light to one with more light.
    10-03-08 10:28 AM
    Take it back
    10-03-08 12:44 PM
    Hi. Yeah, I do have the backlight set to dim....and it does go on when I go to darker areas. When I was using it this morning, I was next to a window, and it flickered on out. When I put it under the table (where it was dark), it went on. I guess I always used it in darker areas. Ok...so I feel a little silly now.
    Thank you for all of your responses.
    10-03-08 02:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD