So Sunday night I dropped my phone in the sink with running water. It was only under if for a second and i pulled it out, quickly removed the battery and dried it off.. I needed it for my alarm for work so i didnt let it dry for a long time. When I put the battery back in, everything worked, except the keypad is a little out of whack. The end button works but will also pop up the menu screen. the send key only brings up the menu screen and will end a screen too. certain letters combined (ex: y= ny m=im d= zd ) So texting is a pain! It will occasionally work and then it will just mess up again. any advice? i have insurance i just dont want to go through the hassle of switching and waiting for it to come. any advice will be much appreciated! and When the weekend comes I can be more patient with the process, unfortunately I need it for work purposes so I cant go without during the week. THX!
    12-02-10 10:06 AM
    How long did you leave the battery out for? You really should go at least 24 hours before putting the battery back in.

I've read where some people have had luck putting the phone in a bag or rice and letting it sit there for 24 hours. The rice will absorb the moisture.

However, if you replaced the bettry before the phone was completely dry you might be out of luck. Did you get insurance for your phone?
    12-02-10 10:18 AM
    You may be too late, BUT this is what I suggest......

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ht-way-318876/
    12-02-10 10:31 AM
    Rice is the champ here.
    12-02-10 10:34 AM
    I would remove the battery and batter door, plcce the battery and phone in seperate bags filled with (larger) uncooked rice for 1 week. Then put them both under a fan for 1 full day and clean out anu probable rice then boot up. I hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-10 11:02 AM
    I have insurance but again, i hate dealing with asuron or w/e there called and transfering all my info over to a new phone. Im hoping time will clear up the mess. this weekend I will try to leave it in a bag of rice, but i did that on monday. (only for an hour tho lol).. my impatience took over.. its just the biggest frustration when it will work for a second then go back to acting crazy. any more info will help if possible.. thx for all the feedback!
    12-02-10 11:39 AM
    Honestly....be thankful you may have hosed your Tour. Now you can get a Bold 9650!
    12-02-10 12:21 PM
    Wow,an upgrade for 100 bucks.

12-02-10 12:49 PM
    The alcohol method in the thread I listed is better and the drying agent should be silica gel packs like they use in medicine and shipping, you local pharmacy may be able to give you some. Rice will work in a pinch, BUT you should do the alcohol dip first!
    12-02-10 01:18 PM
    Just remember, if you continue to use it even with the littlest bit of water in it your phone will only get worse. Being impatient in a case like this will eventually kill your phone. I recommend not using it until you have tried the suggestions given.
    12-02-10 01:27 PM
    As of now, my phone is working perfectly!! Keys seem to back to normal.. It has been about an hour with no keypad craziness! I really hope its fixed for good.. I kept the battery out for a couple hours and took a blow dryer to it. I was scared to try the alcohol bc I wasn't sure exactly how to do it and I didn't want to make it worse. Thanks again for all the advice!

Last edited by bkeating25; 12-03-10 at 10:42 AM.
    12-02-10 10:07 PM
    You just keep going from bad to worse. First you did not let the thing dry enough
    and now you compound it by using one of the single worst things you can use -
    a blow dryer.

I have a sense you will be using that insurance in the near future.
    12-02-10 10:34 PM
    Make sure u do a backup on desktop manager so aleast your info is saved in case the tour starts acting up again.

12-02-10 10:50 PM
    I've read on multiple sites where people said to let it dry and put it by a fan or vent.. A blow dryer worked fine-- And fyi, so does my phone.

Im curious as to how long though. Please post back with an update in a couple weeks.
    12-02-10 11:22 PM
    I've read on multiple sites where people said to let it dry and put it by a fan or vent.. A blow dryer worked fine-- And fyi, so does my phone.
    It works fine now and I hope it continues to. I just have no faith that it will
    given what I know about these things.

Also, there are so many dumb things posted on the internet about how to
    save a wet phone, from rice (hardly ever works), ovens at low heat, etc..
    12-02-10 11:27 PM
    Glad it is working, you might be one of the lucky ones!

12-03-10 12:37 AM
    Hmmm...read this and thought "Hey thanks for all of your suggestions! But I'm going to go ahead and do it how I want to anyway!"

Good luck to ya', but if you ask for an expert opinion, it would probably be wise to pay attention.
    12-03-10 01:49 AM
    Just an update... my phone is still going strong! No problems what so ever with the keypad or anything. Works as good as new! Good luck to anyone else with similar problems! Happy holidays!

12-21-10 01:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD