I will be purchasing my first blackberry soon. I lookked today at Verizon at both these phones. I like the compact size and suretype feature with the flip since I am coming from a flip phone with Word for texting which I am used to. I also like the Tour with the great screen, but am not sure if i can get used to the small keyboard. Can I get some pros and cons of both. Thanks.
    08-22-09 09:46 PM
    Tour: Quite a bit newer....newer meaning newer everything: looks, software, speed, navigation, etc. The keyboard doesn't live up to the Bold's though...they did kinda cram it in...The Flip: Well, you said it yourself...it's compact...although not the best of things to be writing e-mails on due to it being more of a traditional keyboard. Navigation could also use a bit of revision, it's just not quite the BlackBerry experience.

Also, since you were considering the flip with its keyboard, I'll recommend to you the Storm. It runs great with the current software builds and current phones, and I think you will find the keyboard on it quite spacious and easy to use. Also, in terms of navigation, it surpasses the other BBs by miles due to its screen size and touch navigation. Now, the Storm isn't quite the BlackBerry experience expected either due to it navigating away from the traditional BlackBerry, though I feel it is taking the BlackBerry experience to a new level.
    08-22-09 09:52 PM
    Why ask, if you have Tour in your profile as your device?

Seems like you made up your mind already and you are just looking for validation.
    08-22-09 10:02 PM
    It is your choice go to a store and play with both.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 10:24 PM
    Fishy thread. Search the forums newbie and get better information.
    08-22-09 10:28 PM
    I went through the same debate. If size is the most important factor to you, get a Flip. Otherwise, get a Tour.
    08-22-09 10:28 PM
    i would go with tour, got the pearl not the flip though and i hate that it doesnt have a full keyboard. Some words it thinks are others, doesnt like to type some times, gets on my nerves. Plus the tour is newer and looks a lot better
    08-22-09 10:53 PM
    Only you can make the best decision for yourself.

08-22-09 11:18 PM
    I would suggest going to the store and trying out both of them. I would take the Tour if I had to pick between the Tour and the Flip, just because I like candy bar style phones better than flip phones. I also like bigger phones (I have a Bold.). But the only way you will know is by trying both out.

08-23-09 12:19 AM
    I agree. Go to the store and try both out, but I'll say I'd get the Tour if I were you. But I have a feeling that you're leaning toward that one anyway...

The Phoneking has spoken....
    08-23-09 12:42 AM
    I've used both and the one thing I would say for sure is that if you use the Pearl Flip, I would say its great if your net use is simply recreational. The screen being smaller just wasn't very functional for me. Also, the flash on the camera is nowhere near the standard blackberry; so personally, I did not like the camera much at all.

Every phone has its quirks, but just throwing that in regarding net use and such, since those things did matter to me.
    08-23-09 12:53 AM
    Flip blackberrys just dont have that same classic look and feel to me as no flip BB's which is important. I'd grab the tour!
    08-23-09 08:20 AM
    The Tour is the superior device hardware wise but if the form factor and suretype are more important to you then you may be happier with the flip. As others have said you need to try them both and see what you like better, we can't make the decision for you.
    08-23-09 09:03 AM
    Ya I'd go tour you have 30 days to return if you want. Just try them out. Have fun with it its a fun experience.

08-23-09 09:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD